[复制链接]
发表于 2009-7-26 11:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 vivicat 于 2009-7-26 13:45 编辑

China 'wants to bury' Australian Uighur doco
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/15/2626234.htm

By Simon Lauder for AM

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:10am AEST
Updated Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33am AEST

Film subject Rebiya Kadeer campaigns for the rights of the Uighur people. (Reuters: Jason Reed)

The case of detained Rio Tinto executive Stern Hu isn't the only problem facing Chinese-Australian relations.

China's Communist Government has been accused of trying to stop afilm about a Uighur activist premiering at the Melbourne InternationalFilm Festival.

The film is about Rebiya Kadeer, who went from successfulbusinesswoman to political prisoner and then leader in exile of theethnic Uighur.

The Uighurs are a largely Muslim and Turkic-based people who live in far western China.

China has accused Ms Kadeer of instigating the ethnic riots which killed more than 180 people in Xinjiang province this month.

Melbourne filmmaker Jeff Daniels has been working on the documentaryThe 10 Conditions Of Love for several years. It's finished just in timefor the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF), and - just as theconflict central to the story - is making worldwide headlines.

Richard Moore is the executive director of MIFF, where the film is due to premier next month.

"On Friday I received a call from Ms Chen, who is based here in Melbourne at the Chinese consulate," he said.

"She told me that she was ringing to urge me to withdraw the particular film Ten Conditions Of Love from the festival.

"I said I had no reason to withdraw the film from the festival andshe then proceeded to tell me that I had to justify my decision toinclude the film in the festival.

"I said 'Well, I'm very sorry but I didn't have any reason tojustify the inclusion of the film in the festival.' So she thenproceeded to ... list Rebiya Kadeer's crimes. I have to say to youafter about five minutes I blanked out."

He says the essence of Ms Chen's arguments was that "Rebiya Kadeer was a criminal."

Ms Kadeer is also due to speak at the festival next month. Mr Moore says the Chinese consulate urged him to cancel the visit.

"She was also very unhappy that Rebiya Kadeer is coming here as a guest," he said.

"It wasn't threats ... she was just continually insistent that the film should not be included in the festival.

"She plainly wasn't happy [the festival will continue as planned]and as I said before, she just went on to list Rebiya Kadeer's crimesand unfortunately I had to tell her that I could no longer continue theconversation because I'd already expressed my opinion, so I politelyhung up."

Mr Daniels concedes that the film could be considered biased.

"Well it's presenting a particular point of view and it presents apoint of view that is very, very close to Rebiya Kadeer," he said.

"So I guess the Uighurs would say that from their perspective it's not biased."

Attempts to contact the Chinese consulate for a response have proved unsuccessful.
2009-07-26_111251.png

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-26 11:13 | 显示全部楼层
又一个“热门”人物诞生了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-26 11:32 | 显示全部楼层
那忧郁的眼神,那唏嘘的胡渣子,还有那神乎其技的演技,都深深的迷住了澳洲人!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-26 11:50 | 显示全部楼层
别理她就对了,只不过是西方国家利用的傻子
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-26 14:16 | 显示全部楼层
来,认领了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-27 19:49 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-7 09:33 , Processed in 0.049853 second(s), 29 queries , Gzip On.