QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 661|回复: 1

[已被认领] 【09.12.01 44】Comments on Obama's Afghan policy speech at West Point

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-12-4 00:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 vivicat 于 2009-12-4 23:21 编辑

Comments on “Obama's Afghan policy speech at West Point”
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/12/obamas-afghan-policy-speech-at.html?wprss=44

Announcing the date we will pull out is a "strategy" to bring this war to a successful conclusion FOR THE ENEMY!!!

Posted by: JakeD | December 1, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse

"It is easy to forget that when this war began, we were united - bound together by the fresh memory of a horrific attack, and by the determination to defend our homeland and the values we hold dear. I refuse to accept the notion that we cannot summon that unity again. I believe with every fiber of my being that we - as Americans - can still come together behind a common purpose."

We ALL remember that America was indeed UNITED back on 9/11 when the last legal PRESIDENT was in office. Obama, YOU are not my PRESIDENT, and I will never "unite" behind you.

Posted by: JakeD | December 1, 2009 8:10 PM | Report abuse

Maybe you should go over there Jake. If the repubs were so great at war then why did they leave behind an unprecedented TWO nasty long-running wars for the next guy?

An Air Force interrogator told me last Sunday that Afghanistan is "the graveyard of empires".

I prefer to listen to the troops and the generals, not partisan hacks.

Posted by: JRM2 | December 1, 2009 8:23 PM | Report abuse

JRM2:
I did my tour, thank you very much. Iraq was basically won when GWB left office, and McCain had a plan to finish Afghanistan instead of dithering for TEN (10) MONTHS!!! If Obama has not pulled out all of these troops by Election Day 2012, will you vote for him again?

Posted by: JakeD | December 1, 2009 8:28 PM | Report abuse

IMPEACH TODAY! IMPEACH NOW! DO NOT WAIT ANOTHER SINGLE MINUTE! Flush Washington now and hope that Obama, Pelosi and Reid won't clog the tolet!

Posted by: JakeD | December 1, 2009 8:44 PM | Report abuse

disrupt, dismantle, defeat al-qaeda

obama promised.a vital national interest, he said, the terrorists have planned attacks on usa.

but see obama does not understand, any vital national interest demands VICTORY- not just 18 months, whichever comes first

the tension in the speech was overpowering. the silence due to the lack of applause from the regimented cadets, combined with their startling youth, and the deadly seriousness of the war was almost unendurable.

you looked at the cadets and saw not them but your kids and grandkids.

and you prayed obama would just not foul up....

Posted by: ProCounsel | December 1, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

obama views his reelection as more important than the "vital national interest". since obama will take our troops out--win or lose in 2011 soley so obama does not lose in 2012

Posted by: ProCounsel | December 1, 2009 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Dear Mr. Obama:

You have totally forfeited my esteem.

You said: I have determined that it is in our vital national interest to send an additional 30,000 U.S. troops to Afghanistan. After 18 months, our troops will begin to come home.

You said: our security is at stake in Afghanistan and Pakistan. This is the epicenter of the violent extremism practiced by al Qaeda. It is from here that we were attacked on 9/11, and it is from here that new attacks are being plotted as I speak.

Although I have been complaining to you in responses to your weekly internet addresses, I have abstained from judging you for eleven months. You have played into the hands of Ms. Clinton and Mr. Gates. This capitulation to General McChrystal is the last straw.

You have forever lost my vote (which I have faithfully executed in every election in every year of my adult life) and my support. You have broken faith. I do not trust you at all anymore--about anything.

Posted by: dwyerj1 | December 1, 2009 9:24 PM | Report abuse

why does he keep telling us what a great religion Islam is? Over and over again it all we hear from him yet everyday the slaughter by muslims continues unabated...then he goes on to say that the 9/11 terrorists murdered 3,000 people without regard to their religion...thats not true, they believed they were killing christians and jews (infidels)...this guy is getting real annoying

Posted by: TerpfanMA | December 1, 2009 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Obama:
You have totally forfeited my esteem too.

Posted by: JakeD | December 1, 2009 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Its 9-11 all over again.

CAN WE DO IT !!!!!!!!!!
YES WE CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!
YES WE WILL !!!!!!!!!

Posted by: brucerealtor@gmail.com | December 2, 2009 12:39 AM | Report abuse

I don't know whom is worse, the neocons posting here that can't accept Obama has done a better job in the Af-Pak theater than Dubya, or the loony left reducing our capability like Bubba leaving Al Qaeda alone to carry out another 911.

Posted by: jameschirico | December 2, 2009 5:44 AM | Report abuse

By expending more American lives, instead of fewer, this surge will allow the United States to "save face" by leaving Afghanistan under improved conditions, rather than under deteriorating conditions.

And, no matter how well or poorly we do in the coming months, WE WILL HAVE TO RETURN to this battleground of global Jihad in some form or fashion.

Then, we will be asking ourselves, "What were all those lives, all those years and a mighty effort...for?"

Whatever answers our leaders give, whatever the lessons learned, will soon be forgotten. The Pentagon's collective memory has a half-life of only ten years. Politicians will forget at the next election. Since most Americans never remember, they will have nothing to forget.

We will have done everything we could really afford.

Posted by: elfraed | December 2, 2009 6:47 AM | Report abuse

For any serviceman or woman (friends and family) who want to prevent their deployment under an illegal order, the time to challenge is NOW. Don't wait until you get the actual deployment order, or it will be argued by Obama's DOJ that you accepted other "illegal" orders and simply don't want to fight.
http://www.orlytaitzesq.com

Posted by: JakeD | December 2, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

How Germany feels about 'The Speech'...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,664753,00.html

Posted by: wheeljc | December 2, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

LOL

Posted by: JakeD | December 2, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Just another naive politician! So what's different from the previous administration?

Maybe this president should go over there and see what the troops have to face on a daily basis !

Posted by: SeniorVet | December 2, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

How naive can this community organizer and chief get?

"The absence of a timeframe for transition would deny us any sense of urgency in working with the Afghan government" - Al Queda will simply wait us out; why not telegraph the entire plan out there?

Finally, Moderate Islam has forfeited any respect in this matter, specifically for allowing radical elements to hijack their faith and doing nothing about it (Arab governments aren't cutting off the purse strings are they?)

Posted by: pielusztcontractor | December 2, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

发表于 2009-12-4 22:43 | 显示全部楼层
认领
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-23 06:38 , Processed in 0.045769 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.