【中文标题】下雪也要受审查?
【登载媒体】seattlepi.com  一个西雅图的博客
【来源地址】http://blog.seattlepi.com/redlantern/archives/189865.asp?from=blog_last3\
【译者】rlsrls08
【声明】译文版权归AC所有,谢绝转载
【翻译方式】个人原创翻译
【原文】

Snow censorship?

We left sunny, hot, Thailand on Saturday and arrived in Beijing in time for the worst weather in nearly sixty decades. Sunday morning greeted us with a blizzard, which raged most of the day, dumping eight inches on the city as temperatures plummeted.

As I tried to determine exactly how much snow fell, I went directly to the source for this type of information: China Daily, China's official English language newspaper. I was also curious to see what the paper's editorial comment would be on the storm. Nicknamed by many, "Sunshine Daily" for its lack of balance regarding news in China, it had been surprisingly critical of the government for manipulating the weather in November to induce two snowstorms that had wreaked havoc across the city. The paper called the National Meteorological Center "inconsiderate" for not warning the public before seeding the clouds with silver iodide to try to relieve a drought.

In one of the paper's earlier articles, I had read with interest about the countries' local "weather modification offices," which are empowered to manipulate the weather as the need arises. Weather Modification Offices? While I knew that it was not unusual to seed clouds in China, I guess I hadn't realized just how normal it was.

Anyway, when I went to the China Daily site this morning, there was a link to a story titled "Big Chill causes chaos"; when I clicked on the link to read the text, I received an error message. I wondered if someone was tired of China Daily's criticism of the way the city handles bad weather.

A bit later, I refreshed the website and the article's title had been changed to, "Heavy Snow Sweeps Beijing." Could it be that the China Daily website has a "news modification office?" Later in the day, I spied the newspaper on display at the store. The front page story? Big chill causes chaos. Hmmm…

下雪也要受审查?

上周六我们离开阳光灿烂和炎热的泰国抵达北京,正赶上北京60十年来最坏的天气。星期日早晨迎接我们的是暴风雪,它肆虐了一整天,气温骤降的同时在这个城市倾泻了8英寸的降雪。

我试图确定到底降了多大的雪,就直接来到此类信息的来源,中国官方的英文报纸:中国日报。我对报纸的社论将如何评论这次风暴也很好奇。中国日报的许多绰号包括“每日阳光”,因为它总是一面倒地报道中国的新闻。竟然发现有人批评政府操纵11月份的天气,促成了肆虐整个城市造成严重破坏的两场暴风雪。报纸评价国家气象中心“考虑不周",因为其为减轻干旱向云层播撒碘化银之前,没有警告市民。

在该报纸早先的文章中,我兴趣盎然地读到了有关中国的地方“人工影响天气办公室”,当有需要时,该部门有权操控天气。人工影响天气办公室?虽然我知道人工降雨在中国并不罕见,我想我只是没有意识到它有多么的寻常。

无论如何,今天早上我来到中国日报网站,上头有一则题为“严寒造成混乱”的新闻。当我点击链接阅读时却得到一个错误信息。我怀疑是不是有人烦透了中国日报批评北京处理恶劣天气的报道,(所以才...)

过了一会我刷新网站,文章的标题已改为“大雪横扫北京”。难道中国日报网站也有一个“新闻影响办公室”?当天晚些时候,我在商店里头查看架子上的报纸,知道头版的故事是什么吗?"严寒造成混乱"。嗯...

----------------------------------------------

译者注: 这是一个住在香港的美国西雅图人Elizabeth Kain写的博文。来自一个西雅图的博客http://blog.seattlepi.com/。她的博客叫做"红灯笼日记: 来自中国的西雅人快件"(Red Lantern Diary: Seattleite's Dispatches from China)。
----------------------------------------------

以下是博主介绍: 一个喜欢旅行的人,天涯海角的去过很多地方。在香港住了三年,现在住在北京。

Elizabeth Kain
ekkain@gmail.com
Elizabeth Kain has been addicted to travel for as long as she can remember. She blames it on her father and his wife, who took her to Europe when she was 11, but her mother also fueled her wanderlust by signing her up to travel to the Soviet Union with her high school Russian class. She has been traveling ever since.

Her experiences are wide and varied across six continents. She has cruised the Irrawaddy River in Burma, visited a penguin colony in Chile, worked on Soviet fishing trawlers in the Bering Sea, trekked mountain gorillas in Rwanda and traveled by train from Hong Kong to London.

Professionally, she has done her best to make work support her travel habit, always coming home to Seattle between adventures. She spent 15-plus years working in various marketing-related positions at American Express in New York, Russia and London and Microsoft in Redmond and Hong Kong.

More recently, she spent two years working at Waggener Edstrom Worldwide in Bellevue. She received a bachelor of arts degree in political science and a master's in Russian language and literature from University of Oregon and as a graduate student, studied in both Moscow and St Petersburg.

In 2001, she married her husband, Erik, a fellow travel addict, and they immediately set off for faraway lands, spending one year working in London and two years in Hong Kong where they developed a love for Chinese culture, history, and food.

Shortly after returning to Seattle - mid life and mid career - they adopted a baby from China. A five-week trip to Italy in the spring of 2006 with their 18-month-old daughter turned two well-seasoned travelers into complete novices, and they decided then and there that if they wanted to continue to see the world, they had to avoid long transcontinental flights and relocate overseas.

After three years in Hong Kong, they are now in Beijing. It is from China's capital that Elizabeth shares her her fortunes and misfortunes as she immerses herself in Chinese culture, history, and food in her Red Lantern Diary.

snow.JPG

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-5 10:08 | 显示全部楼层
下午把文章翻译了,没空发。晚上到家发贴发现居然文章已经被删除了,幸好我有截图,GOOGLE的搜索里头也还有。

snow3.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 10:11 | 显示全部楼层
........删了??按他的说法,被影响了??
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-5 10:13 | 显示全部楼层
........删了??按他的说法,被影响了??
diwent 发表于 2010-1-5 10:11

那个刊登的博客网站是美国的,难道中国政府能影响它?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 10:18 | 显示全部楼层
不是传说“观海”同志听涛哥的话在美国么。。。。嘿嘿。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-5 10:20 | 显示全部楼层
不是传说“观海”同志听涛哥的话在美国么。。。。嘿嘿。。。。
diwent 发表于 2010-1-5 10:18

想象力真丰富,加10分。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 10:23 | 显示全部楼层
天马行空。。随我所想。。。呵呵。。。。
感谢楼主翻译与截图。。。辛苦了。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 10:27 | 显示全部楼层
为什么被删呢?为什么呢?为什么呢?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 10:33 | 显示全部楼层
过了一会我刷新网站,文章的标题已改为“大雪横扫北京”。难道中国日报网站也有一个“新闻影响办公室”?当天晚些时候,我在商店里头查看架子上的报纸,知道头版的故事是什么吗?"严寒造成混乱"。嗯...
; b" u% [# m0 M9 v9 Y: _
他好像是在说中国日报批评人工降雪的标题和内容被修改了,是不是受审查了,没说他自己写的博被删除了啊?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 10:38 | 显示全部楼层
下午把文章翻译了,没空发。晚上到家发贴发现居然文章已经被删除了,幸好我有截图,GOOGLE的搜索里头也还有 ...
rlsrls08 发表于 2010-1-5 10:08

噢没注意看,原来他的博文真被删了?其实我们干嘛爱钻牛角尖,他的博被删除不应该是我们关注的重点吧,文章里写的内容才是我们要关注的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 11:04 | 显示全部楼层
他这到底啥意思啊……  没看懂……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 11:23 | 显示全部楼层
意识流的文章?是原文如此还是翻译的问题?晦涩难懂。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 12:04 | 显示全部楼层
不光是因为大雪,是否是因为所有没有确切来源的信息都会受到处理?有人喜欢在网络上传播没有被证实的信息,有时这种真假难辨的信息确实容易制造不该有的问题
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 12:18 | 显示全部楼层
下午把文章翻译了,没空发。晚上到家发贴发现居然文章已经被删除了,幸好我有截图,GOOGLE的搜索里头也还有 ...
rlsrls08 发表于 2010-1-5 10:08

"我怀疑是不是有人烦透了"他的博客“批评”中国日报“处理”网站“的报道,(所以才...)”

实际上,因为那报道并没有消失,所以他只好自杀了。

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2010-01/04/content_9257761.htm
Big chill causes chaos
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 13:08 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,一个搞笑的乌龙事件
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 15:39 | 显示全部楼层
啥意思 没看懂哦
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 16:45 | 显示全部楼层
没看懂
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-5 21:59 | 显示全部楼层
文章都是吹出来的。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-6 10:58 | 显示全部楼层
看不懂说的啥意思
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-6 18:05 | 显示全部楼层
看不懂说的啥意思
xibukuanglang 发表于 2010-1-6 10:58

天啊~~ 看来我没翻译好。

作者因为在中国日报网上一篇文章的链接出现错误信息,联想到中国政府的新闻审查制度,怀疑因为新闻标题含有批评意思而被迫删除或者修改。

结果她自己打自己嘴巴,因为同样标题的新闻出现在印刷发行的中国日报头版头条,说明根本不是标题的原因,肯定是其他原因一篇新闻的链接出现了错误,跟新闻审查毫无关联。

至于她后来为什么要删除自己的博文,只能说或者她自己也觉得自己联想太丰富,太先入为主了,实要不就是被读者指出了。

反正给我的感觉就是一典型的有成见的西方人,看到什么都联系到中国的负面因素。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-24 01:27 , Processed in 0.050120 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.