四月青年社区

找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1294|回复: 1

[已被认领] 【2010.6.20TVNZ】Russel Norman, let me reveal to you, is an Australian.

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-6-20 18:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 千年明月 于 2010-6-20 18:10 编辑

原文链接:http://tvnz.co.nz/politics-news/mccully-refusing-criticise-guard-3600035

McCully forgetting principles - McCarten

murray_mccully.jpg

Foreign Minister Murray McCully has been accused of "toadyism" for refusing to criticise the actions of a Chinese security guard who manhandled Green Party co-leader Russel Norma n on the forecourt of parliament.
Norman was protesting for democracy in Tibet on Friday when a Chinese security guard pulled a Tibetan flag from his grasp and threw it on the ground, wounding his hand in the incident.
McCully said on TVONE's Q+A programme this morning he was disappointed in Norman's actions and accused him of trying to cause offence to the Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping.
"Of course we have freedom of speech in New Zealand but that doesn't mean we have to use that freedom of speech to cause offence to people, particularly to overseas visitors."
He says Norman abused parliamentary privilege because he was in a situation where no member of the public could have placed themselves.
But McCully's refusal to criticise the security guard's use of force has led to accusations of "toadyism" by Unite union leader Matt McCarten.
"I think McCully is just outrageous. It's like 'if you've got the money and we want that forget about principles'."
McCully said he'd only seen media reports of what happened and could not say if the security guard was out-of-line.
"I'm not going to buy into what actually happened. I've only seen the media reports and there's a process underway in New Zealand involving the police and others to ascertain who was to blame for that."
He says the people of Tibet are being oppressed, but the government does not want to raise it because it's "uncomfortable".
He said Norman was doing his job and did nothing wrong.
"He actually got permission form the Speaker to be where he was."
"What happened is the guards got carried away because they're not used to the idea people can be upset at them and protesting."
Xi cancelled a planned visit to Wellington's Victoria University yesterday, citing security concerns following the incident with Norman.
A preliminary police report has found there's not enough evidence to bring a charge of assault against Chinese security guards.

Mccully webpage.jpg
发表于 2010-6-20 21:42 | 显示全部楼层
认领··············
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 12:30 , Processed in 0.045649 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.