注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1248|回复: 7

[翻译完毕] 【外交政策12.22】洪博培和中国的“独生子女”政策

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-23 10:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 lilyma06 于 2012-1-4 17:29 编辑

Foreign Policy: Huntsman And China's "One Child"                                                                                                                           
by Joshua Keating

President Barack Obama tours the Great Wall of China in Badaling, outside of Beijing, China on Nov. 18, 2009, with the Chinese Ambassador to the US Zhou Wenzhong and US Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman.

Read Another Opinion On Jon Huntsman
December 22, 2011                                             
                     Joshua Keating is an associate editor at Foreign Policy.
                     It's tough to change your political identity halfway through a campaign. Jon Huntsman will likely continue to be tagged as the "moderate" in the race, no matter how conservativehis political record actually is. But the former Utah governor has seemed to be tacking to the right in recent days as he's started to get a bit of buzzin New   Hampshire.
                     Take, for instance, this recent interviewwith RedState in which Huntsman reaffirms his anti-tax and anti-abortion credentials. Interestingly, the second subject involves his time as ambassador to China. He also made thissomewhat grandiose claim:

"Q. What, if anything, and let me break this up into two questions. What, if anything should be done by the United States to encourage China to change its "one child" policy?
                     A. Well, uh, I probably did more than anybody. Uh, because my daughter Gracie was known by 1.3 billion people in China. Everybody heard her story. They knew that we had adopted her and given her life. Uh, they knew that she got to seek a great educational opportunity - a young, pretty, brilliant girl who was, I mean, it was all the time in China. I dare to say that our one act of adopting a girl, as United States Ambassador to China, in many minds - and this would be impossible to quantify - but I tell you, may have had more of an impact in that country, one thing, than all the speeches combined of U.S. government officials over the years.
                     Q. Okay. One thing that many people may not know is that India, where your other daughter was adopted from, certain parts of India are contemplating adopting a two child policy. What if anything can or should the United States do about that?
                     A. Well, I would just offer the same thing, and that is highlighting the beauty and the value of life. And there's nothing more powerful than leading by example. And when you can lead by example by showing the kind of life that these little girls live when they are allowed into this world, I think that's a very powerful manifestation all by itself."

I'm not quite sure I buy that all 1.3 billion of China's citizens were aware of the U.S. ambassador's daughter or that the mere fact of her existence did "more than anybody" to change Chinese minds on this issue, but this does seem like a smart issue to talk about. Social conservatives in the U.S. have strong objections to the one-child policy, but it's not exactly like moderates are ethusiastic about it.
                     Huntsman's promise to reinstate the Mexico City Policy, which prohibits funding to international organizations that provide abortions, might be a little more controversial in the unlikely event he makes it past the primary.

该贴已经同步到 lilyma06的微博
发表于 2011-12-23 11:06 | 显示全部楼层
"Uh, because my daughter Gracie was known by 1.3 billion people in China. Everybody heard her story."

I, for one, have never heard of her and her story. If you do a random interview in the streets of Beijing, 99.99% of the people would say: Who the f--k is she?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-23 12:24 | 显示全部楼层
我认领本篇翻译任务
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-23 12:31 | 显示全部楼层
Lunalulu 发表于 2011-12-23 12:24
我认领本篇翻译任务

丫搞这么正式  囧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-23 12:32 | 显示全部楼层
小布Lasia 发表于 2011-12-23 12:31
丫搞这么正式  囧

.联络员同志给我的第一篇就是这个
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-23 12:46 | 显示全部楼层
Lunalulu 发表于 2011-12-23 12:32
.联络员同志给我的第一篇就是这个

不是啦 我说的是你的回复 哈哈哈
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-31 15:15 | 显示全部楼层
为什么没有来源地址呢?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-31 15:26 | 显示全部楼层
不好意思,今天才翻完,以后认领了会尽快完成的。
地址:http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-3270621-1-1.html
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-20 20:05 , Processed in 0.045624 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.