QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3508|回复: 25

bbc的文章快来翻译

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-4-3 22:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7327886.stm

The challenges of reporting in China

[img=466 border=0,150 alt=]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44535000/jpg/_44535724_computers2_466.jpg[/img]

Last week thousands of Chinese found they were able to access the BBC News website for the first time, after years of strict censorship. They e-mailed to tell us what they thought, and many were critical of our coverage.
Here the BBC's Asia bureau chief Paul Danahar, who is based in Beijing, responds to this criticism and looks at the challenges of reporting in China.

It is a pleasant surprise to be criticised by your readers when you work as a journalist in China.
Most of you viewing this page are unknowingly taking for granted a luxury that those of us living behind the "Great Firewall" have to do without.
We are in a bit of a vacuum, cut off from normal access to the outside world.
My TV blacks out when someone says the magic words Tibet or Tiananmen protests; my daily paper is an unsophisticated propaganda tool for the Chinese Communist Party and half the websites I want to read are blocked including, until recently, this one.
But when suddenly the English language edition of the BBC News website (the Chinese one is still blocked by the government) became accessible in China, some readers here, but by no means all, took exception to what they saw.
People like Xie Huai from Zhengzhou e-mailed the site saying: "I often find that stories about China diverge from the truth. Why?"
The answer to the question lies in the word "truth". Only now are many Chinese getting the chance to debate the "truth" of foreign media publications (and only those not in Chinese) because only now are they getting a point of view on some important topics at odds with the one provided by the state-controlled media.
There is, of course, enormous debate on the internet in China about all sorts of controversial issues ranging from politics to sex.
But writing about things like Tibet, Falun Gong and the Tiananmen Square protests can land you in jail.
Tibet tensions
The story that raised concerns for some of our new Chinese readers was the rioting last month in Tibet.
[img=5 border=0,1 alt=]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif[/img]

The foreign media was accused of misreporting the scale and nature of the trouble there.
In fact, during the BBC's total coverage of the disturbances, we managed to upset both sides of the debate.
We were the first foreign broadcasters to obtain pictures, filmed by a Chinese camera crew showing the ethnic violence against Han Chinese by Tibetans in Lhasa; events which were verified by the only (non-BBC) Western journalist in Lhasa at the time.
The Dalai Lama then said at a press conference that because of the pictures he had seen on the BBC, he was calling for an end to the violence.
However he wondered aloud if we showed them because we were biased towards the Chinese.
The next day we were the first international broadcaster to show images filmed by a Canadian crew showing the Chinese flag being torn apart and replaced with a free Tibet flag by protestors in nearby Gansu province.
That report sent the chap who presses the black-out button for my TV into overdrive all day.
People who criticise the media for their coverage in Tibet should acknowledge that we were and still are banned from reporting there.

When we tried to report on disturbances outside Tibet that did not require a special permit, we were turned back at armed checkpoints.
And only a select group, not including the BBC, were eventually invited on a strictly controlled visit to Lhasa after the rioting had ended.
"It is ironic that China, a country that does not allow the operation of a free press, should accuse the Western media of bias in its coverage of the dramatic events in Tibet, including the use of double standards" - not the words of a Western journalist but of Frank Ching writing this week in the South China Morning Post.
Disagreement and debate
It is not only the BBC that has suddenly became available. Wikipedia has now been partially unblocked by the Chinese.
But consider the next sentence, which I have reproduced exactly as it appears on the Wikipedia website (including the grammatical errors).
"The Dalai Lama, whom in the past was funded by CIA [21] , originally pushed for independence for Tibet, which was a slavery feudal society prior taken over by the P.R.C. government."
You can read this page in full but as soon as you click on the links of words like independence or Tibet, the connection drops off and you have to reload Wikipedia all over again.
This does not happen when you search the site for anything else.
We welcome comments from our readers and particularly those new ones in China, because they help inform what we do.
Journalists do make mistakes and when we do we have a responsibility to admit them.
"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."
Those are the words of satirist and serial complainer Pietro Aretino, who annoyed the great and not so good of the 16th Century with a flurry of public correspondence to the editors of his age. It is a sentiment that should always go both ways.
[ 本帖最后由 zjx20082002 于 2008-4-3 22:33 编辑 ]
发表于 2008-4-3 22:37 | 显示全部楼层
Disagreement and debate

It is not only the BBC that has suddenly became available. Wikipedia has now been partially unblocked by the Chinese.

But consider the next sentence, which I have reproduced exactly as it appears on the Wikipedia website (including the grammatical errors).

"The Dalai Lama, whom in the past was funded by CIA [21] , originally pushed for independence for Tibet, which was a slavery feudal society prior taken over by the P.R.C. government."

You can read this page in full but as soon as you click on the links of words like independence or Tibet, the connection drops off and you have to reload Wikipedia all over again.

This does not happen when you search the site for anything else.

We welcome comments from our readers and particularly those new ones in China, because they help inform what we do.

Journalists do make mistakes and when we do we have a responsibility to admit them.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

Those are the words of satirist and serial complainer Pietro Aretino, who annoyed the great and not so good of the 16th Century with a flurry of public correspondence to the editors of his age.

It is a sentiment that should always go both ways.

这一段我大概看得懂
讲的就是BBC和维基百科一些西方网站忽然开放了
但是一点击一些敏感链接 就会断线
下面讲的就是bbc的一些态度
例如欢迎来自中国的评论意见 等等
貌似没有直接错误讯息
发表于 2008-4-3 22:42 | 显示全部楼层
但是第一段又在指责中国的消息封锁
But writing about things like Tibet, Falun Gong and the Tiananmen Square protests can land you in jail.
这一段最有煽动性 挑衅性
发表于 2008-4-3 23:02 | 显示全部楼层
i don't care you bloody media is blocked or not, there are millions of ways to read them to bypass the censorship, don't make yourself like saint, you bloody BBC.
发表于 2008-4-3 23:06 | 显示全部楼层

BBC的狡辩和诡谲伎俩!

上周成千上万的中国人第一次发现他们能够进入英国广播公司新闻网站,我们的网站是经过当局的多年的严格检查。他们通过电子邮件告诉我们有关他们的看法,并且有许多人批评我们的报道。

此间英国广播公司的亚洲局北京负责人保罗danahar ,回应了这种批评,并回顾了那些在中国的有挑战性的报道。

作为一个在北京从事新闻报道的工作者,很高兴看到读者的批评和建议
对于生活在“大防火墙”的我们,在不知不觉中能让众人看见我们的网页感觉是件奢侈品

我们正处在一个真空里面,阻隔了我们从正常渠道接触外面的世界。

有人魔术般说到西藏或天安门抗议时,我从电视里面根本看不到;我在日常工作几乎就是一个质朴的宣传工具,为中国共产党,我想读的大部分网站被屏蔽,直到最近这次问题的出现也是如此。

但是,当突然的英语版的英国广播公司新闻网站(中文仍然被政府阻止)进入中国,有些读者但绝非所有的读者,对于他们所看到的BBC的内容并不为然。

象谢怀这样的人从郑州发来电子邮件网站说: "我经常觉得BBC写的文章象编故事一样,偏离事实,为什么呢? "

对于这个的问题答案就在于"真相"这个词 。只不过现在是许多中国人越来越有机会从外国的媒体出版物中来辩论"真理"(只有那些还没有中文) ,因为只有现在是他们获得的角度来看,就一些重要议题,不符合其中一项由国家提供的-控制的媒体。

还有的,当然是巨大的辩论,对互联网在中国的种种争议问题,从政治到性行为。

但如果写别的东西,像西藏,**功与天安门广场的抗议活动,你有可能吃官司进入监狱里。

西藏局势紧张

这个故事之所有引起我们的一些新的中文读者的关注,是有关上个月发生在西藏的骚乱的事情。

外国媒体被指控大规模的误报和问题的性质。

事实上,英国广播公司的报道的骚乱的新闻里面,我们设法打破正反双方的辩论。

我们是第一个上载图片,由中国人自己拍摄的显示种族暴力侵害的藏人在拉萨攻击汉人外国广播,我们对播放的事件进行了核实,由当时在拉萨(非BBC )的西方记者。

dl喇嘛因为他所看到英国广播公司播放的照片后则表示,在新闻发布会上表示,他呼吁结束暴力。

同样他也会质疑我们,如果我们表现出了他们,因为我们有偏见,是对中国的。

第二天,我们还是第一家国际广播机构,以显示图像拍摄,一位加拿大人员显示,中国国旗被搞得四分五裂,并代之以一个自由的西藏旗示威者在附近的甘肃省。

该报道交给播放人后,在我国电视整天不停播放。

人批评媒体的报道,在西藏应该承认,我们仍是不准报导。

当我们试图报告骚乱西藏外,不要求特别许可证时,我们又回到在武装检查站。

只有一个专责组,但不包括英国广播公司,最后被请上严格控制,访问了拉萨后,暴乱已经结束。

"具有讽刺意味的是中国,这个国家是不容许的运作,自由的新闻媒体,指责西方媒体的偏见,在它的篇幅阐述了戏剧性的事件,在西藏,其中包括使用双重标准" -不是话一西方记者,而是坦诚程翔写这本星期在南华早报。
发表于 2008-4-3 23:16 | 显示全部楼层
The foreign media was accused of misreporting the scale and nature of the trouble there.

In fact, during the BBC's total coverage of the disturbances, we managed to upset both sides of the debate.

We were the first foreign broadcasters to obtain pictures, filmed by a Chinese camera crew showing the ethnic violence against Han Chinese by Tibetans in Lhasa; events which were verified by the only (non-BBC) Western journalist in Lhasa at the time.

The Dalai Lama then said at a press conference that because of the pictures he had seen on the BBC, he was calling for an end to the violence.

However he wondered aloud if we showed them because we were biased towards the Chinese.

The next day we were the first international broadcaster to show images filmed by a Canadian crew showing the Chinese flag being torn apart and replaced with a free Tibet flag by protestors in nearby Gansu province.

That report sent the chap who presses the black-out button for my TV into overdrive all day.

People who criticise the media for their coverage in Tibet should acknowledge that we were and still are banned from reporting there.

When we tried to report on disturbances outside Tibet that did not require a special permit, we were turned back at armed checkpoints.

And only a select group, not including the BBC, were eventually invited on a strictly controlled visit to Lhasa after the rioting had ended.

"It is ironic that China, a country that does not allow the operation of a free press, should accuse the Western media of bias in its coverage of the dramatic events in Tibet, including the use of double standards" - not the words of a Western journalist but of Frank Ching writing this week in the South China Morning Post.

呵呵,太搞笑了,BBC一边得意于自己“第一个”报道,一边为报道不实极尽推脱之能
发表于 2008-4-4 00:08 | 显示全部楼层
做人不能CNN也不能BBC啊~
发表于 2008-4-4 00:17 | 显示全部楼层

CNN 和 BBC他们这次输惨了!!

哈哈哈!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
发表于 2008-4-4 00:19 | 显示全部楼层
BBC真是发神经啦, 什么一直被政府封锁, 最近才可以上?????我在广东东莞, CNN, BBC这些网站一直都可以上.
发表于 2008-4-4 00:21 | 显示全部楼层
那篇新闻在底下欢迎中国的读者留言。

我去过几次欧洲,试着拿他们的观点写了几句。里面有几句话可能有点犀利,但是也许更适合他们理解——我觉得任何一个中国人都不能用“出离愤怒”来形容自己的心情了,算是尽自己一点力吧。
Yes, I am reading this in China. I've always been a fan of BBC - just like other guys all around the world - watching Top Gear and other lots of good TV programmes or reports. We respect you as a media, trying to provide all aspects and all opinions on a certain event. But, do not lie to your audiences/viewers, that's the basis of a media.

The westerners have a huge sympathy on Dalai, and are used to being against the communist party. All you keep in mind is that this authority is cruel, cold blooded and controls everything in this nation. This might be true some 20 years ago. But WHY ON EARTH WOULDN'T YOU TRY TO CHANGE YOUR MIND A LITTLE BIT?

We sincerely welcome you to China to look around what's going on now in this country. The internet's developing so rapidly that no one can actually block anything. Yes, you might say that there's a "Firewall" working. But, you wouldn't understand how complicated and flexible the Chinese language is, some very easy tricks can be made to jump over the Firewall. We can access anything easily, if we want to. So don't be fooled anymore.

As a student who visit Europe one month a year, I fully understand the view of the westerners. Most of you support the independence of Tibet, though no government in this world really did that. But the fact is, those protesters around the world are all born outside Tibet. All the info on Tibet they've got, are those from Dalai or bias-report from the western media. They don't know a real Tibet. Also, we admit the huge influence of Dalai on the monks and Tibentans. They listen to him and do whatever he tells them to do. But there's a background - the government's principle on ethnic groups. For the same riot, Han will be punished severely, but for Tibetans/Muslims/Mongolians... no, because they're the minorities. The government has to "protect them" not to be harmed.

You might think this is ridiculous. But deal with that. Chinese would like all the members firmly connected to each other as a united-family, especially unite the minorities to join this big family. This point has been existed for thousands of years. We do not invade anyone that doesn't belong to China, but we also would not accept any action to split this country. We Chinese are not like what we were 20 years ago. We are now better educated and know how to THINK. We know we ought to compare the reports, see who is lying. Unfortunately, at least this time in Tibet, western media lied to the whole world.

As a basic tradition and culture, Chinese people have big tolerance for different opinions, and hate fighting with others. But do not think that we wouldn't fight back. We take the Olympic Games as an opportunity to show you a real country in the far east, a fast-developing, kind-hearted country, but it seems you are not interested in this. You're simply interested in attacking the commnuist party, and ignoring the facts and deep-background of this riot. Chinese are watching what you are reporting.

Hope all you friends could understand this, although it might be hard to accept, it's the truth.
[ 本帖最后由 Johnny 于 2008-4-4 00:23 编辑 ]
发表于 2008-4-4 00:27 | 显示全部楼层
支持我们的BBC,谢谢网站主人!中国人不是一般的人,中国的东北人也是如此!我们有的是青春、热血、爱国!
发表于 2008-4-4 00:32 | 显示全部楼层

回复 10楼 的帖子

写的不错,有水平,表达了心声,有理有节
发表于 2008-4-4 00:35 | 显示全部楼层
中国的民主进程由于历史很客观的原因,要慢慢来,希望外国人能够理解。但是他们歪曲报道这是不能容忍的!
发表于 2008-4-4 00:42 | 显示全部楼层
文章插图来源不详,但是不用做人肉搜寻,我基本90%可以判断为某学校机房,我对这种布局以及学生的上课的情况太熟悉了!!!!
发表于 2008-4-4 00:56 | 显示全部楼层
我以前上BBC是完全没问题,不过以后倒是不会去增加他们点击率了
发表于 2008-4-4 00:59 | 显示全部楼层
请问:几楼是译过来的啊?
发表于 2008-4-4 01:05 | 显示全部楼层

发贴去BBC

我刚发贴去发表意见,抗议BBC的报道,现在可以打开BBC的网页拉,快去抗议.
发表于 2008-4-4 01:07 | 显示全部楼层
我刚才去留了言, 怎么没有显示出来
I am from GuangDong Province, China, just tell you a truth, I've been able to access to BBC & CNN for a long time, There is no block from our Guangdong Government, i can get much more information than you think, So, please don't be suprised, and stop telling lies.
发表于 2008-4-4 02:26 | 显示全部楼层
以前以及現在 BBC網站根本就沒有封過。

======
下面這些怎麽没國外媒體報道

[ 本帖最后由 不相信西方 于 2008-4-4 02:30 编辑 ]
发表于 2008-4-4 02:40 | 显示全部楼层
做人不能CNN啊做人不能CNN啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-8 15:56 , Processed in 0.045848 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.