四月青年社区

找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

返回列表 发新帖
楼主: ltbriar

[07. 1.11 PBS 回應Tony Martin (有關西藏問題) ] 持續更新中...

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2008-8-3 02:33 | 显示全部楼层
【原文鏈接】http://discussions.pbs.org/viewtopic.pbs?p=496511#496511
【聲明】本文翻譯僅限Anti-CNN使用,謝絕轉載。

【回應原文】
Tibet Response Network Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:53 am  
Dear Mark,

I have the feeling that we could go on discussing our individual interpretations of Chinese/Tibetan history forever without any noticeable change in view either way! As a historian this would be fine by me, but perhaps not to everyone else's liking. So, I would direct you and anyone else interested in the debate on history and the Dalai Lama to Michael Parenti's article "Friendly Feudalism: The Tibet Myth" at http://www.studentsforafreetibet.org/article.php?id=424 and then to Joshua Michael Schrei's rebuttal at http://studentsforafreetibet.org/article.php?id=425

I entered this forum not as a historian but as a human rights activist; an area I arrived at via my "expertise" in Native American history. So, I would like to move the discussion on by mentioning Tenzin Delek, a social activist and Buddhist teacher who was first arrested in Kham almost five years ago.

In eastern Kham he began caring for and educating orphans. His religious teachings attracted many followers and with the help of his students he started to build schools, orphanages and old people’s homes. He later became so popular among Tibetans and Chinese that Chinese Buddhists would travel to receive his teachings from as far away as Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai. For the region’s Tibetans, he was a source of inspiration to treasure and protect their religion and culture. This was exactly the point that alienated the Chinese authorities. So they charged him with engaging in “splittist activities” when they first arrested him on 17 April 2002.

Later, his student, Lobsang Dhondup, was arrested on charges of allegedly causing a series of bomb blasts in Chengdu, Sichuan Province. Tenzin Delek was implicated in this trumped-up case, accused of being the main perpetrator and mastermind behind Lobsang. With no chance to appeal or have legal representation, they were both sentenced to death.

Lobsang Dhondup was subsequently executed. Tenzin Delek was scheduled to be executed on 25 January 2005, but before then had become a symbolic rallying point for human rights and freedom in Tibet. The European Union, the US Congress and a UN Delegation to China raised their concerns officially and directly with Beijing. As a result China, in an obvious and welcome face-saving effort, commuted the capital sentence to life imprisonment.

Today Tenzin Delek is still serving his life sentence in China. We don't know his whereabouts and his health is of great concern. Even after repeated inquiries made by Human Rights Watch, Tibetans and Tibet supporters, China remains obdurately tight-lipped over all concerns.

Yes progress is being made with regard to human rights within China. But not fast enough.

Regards,
David Meanwell
Tibet Urgent Response Network - working with Tibetans for Tibet

中文翻譯
Tibet Response Network贴于: 2007年1月26日, 星期五, 上午 6:53  
亲爱的Mark,

我感觉我们可以永远一直讨论自己对中国/西藏历史而互相没有明显的改变想法。作为历史学家我是没问题的, 只是也许不是每个人都喜欢这样。故此我希望请你跟其他有兴趣辩论历史及达赖喇嘛的人参阅http://www.studentsforafreetibet.org/article.php?id=424迈可.帕兰提的友善的封建:西藏神话, 然后再去http://studentsforafreetibet.org/article.php?id=425看约书亚. 史雷的反驳。

我不是以历史学家身份而是人权运动者身份来这论坛的, 我的经验来自美国原住民历史研究。所以, 我希望把讨论转移而提出一位社会运动家及佛教上师丹增德勒, 他大约5年前在康区第一次被捕。

他在康区东部照顾及教育孤儿, 他的佛理吸引许多信众, 在弟子协助下他开始建学校, 孤儿院, 安老院。他后来在藏人及华人中大受欢迎, 华人佛教徒从香港, 北京, 上海等地前来受教。(译注: 别的地方我不知, 但香港人就是爱一窝蜂的, 跟数年前的葡挞一样, 风气过了连影也找不到!) 对那区的藏人, 他是珍惜保护他们宗教文化的信念泉源。而正是如此触怒中国官方, 于是他们指称他从事“分裂活动”而在2002年4月17日首次逮捕他。

稍后, 他弟子罗让邓珠被指在四川成都制造一连串炸弹事件而被捕。丹增德勒被牵连指为合谋, 被控为罗让邓珠背后的元凶主脑。在没法上诉及有律师辩护下, 他们都被判死刑。

罗让邓珠最后被执行死刑。丹增德勒原定在2005年1月25日执行死刑, 可是成了人权及藏独的援求象征目标, 欧盟, 美国国会及联合国驻华代表团都正式向北京直接表示关注。因此, 明显为了挽回面子下台阶, 中国把死刑改为终身监禁。

今天丹增德勒仍被监禁中, 我们不知他在那里, 他健康状况备受关注。在人权观察, 西藏人及西藏支持者的不断查询, 中国仍然顽固的不予回应。(译注: 美国关塔那摩关着不止一个涉嫌恐怖份子呢, 你们的关心又如何? 美国是不是更顽固的不予回应? 试试看你们天天去问美国炸弹案从犯, 人家会不会理你们? )

对, 中国人权状况是在改善, 但不够快。( 译注: 也不会比你们英国佬在香港改善得慢。从夺去香港, 1899年4月把新界锦田客家反抗英军的邓氏吉庆围的明朝铸造的铁门炸塌, 还运回去英国当战胜品展览, 直至1924年, 人家多方追讨, 才归还。一度铁门还得赖25年啦你们有资格说快慢? “人权”强盗! 世界上最没资格讲人权的就是你们英国佬, 血债依然沥沥可数!)

祝好
David Meanwell
Tibet Urgent Response Network - working with Tibetans for Tibet
西藏紧急回应网络 – 与藏人为西藏工作

【回應原文】
anchor Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:22 pm

Tibetan Photo Project wrote:
In answer to do Tibetans in exile have any plans?
How about an answer from an Tibetan in exile?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDy_at_ouQg

Thank you for the link.
I find the interviewee, Mr Semphal very frank and personable. From his short monologue, I gathered three observations:
1. The Tibetan Government in Exile has been experimenting democracy, and would like to apply their lessons to governance in Tibet.
2. The Dalai Lama has made remarks to relinquish or expedite some of his power, and at this point, the Dalai Lama is irreplaceable in the Tibetan Government in Exile.
3. The Tibetan Government in Exile would like the West to view Tibetan politics realistically, not as something of a Shangri'la.

You, sir, must have your own opinion on the video feed. Would you mind to share it with us?

中文翻譯
anchor贴于: 2007年1月26日, 星期五, 下午 5:22

Tibetan Photo Project 写:
解答流亡西藏人士有没有任何计划?
一位流亡西藏人的回答如何呀?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDy_at_ouQg

谢谢你提供连接

我发现受访者Semphal先生非常坦白及有风度。从他的短独白, 我观察到三点:
1. 西藏流亡政府在作民主试验, 而且希望把经验用在管理西藏上。
2. 达赖喇嘛曾表示交出或分散他一些权力, 在目前, 达赖喇嘛在西藏流亡政府是不可替代的。
3. 西藏流亡政府希望西方现实地正视西藏政治, 而不是一个香格里拉。
先生你一定对片子有自己的意见, 可介意与我们分享?

[ 本帖最后由 ltbriar 于 2008-8-3 16:28 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-9-18 14:41 | 显示全部楼层
【原文鏈接】http://discussions.pbs.org/viewtopic.pbs?p=496511#496511
【聲明】本文翻譯僅限Anti-CNN使用,謝絕轉載。

【回应原文】
M.A.Jones Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:03 am  
Dear David Meanwell and Tibetan Photo Project,

Thanks yet again for your responses. Firstly, I'd like to raise the issue of sources here. The both of you have provided links to criticisms of Parenti's The Tibet Myth. That's fine, I realise that Parenti is more of a political scientist than a professional historian, but if you look at his argument he draws very heavily from Melvyn Goldstein and A.Tom Grunfeld. Warren Smith Jr. is also not a professional historian though is he? - he is more a political activisit, and if you look carefully at his book you will see that he relies exclusively on secondary sources, particularly on Goldstein.

Now that's interesting, because just about everybody relies heavily on the works of Goldstein and Beall: Warren Smith Jr. and Leigh Feigon both rely on Goldstein very heavily, and Feigon also draws heavily from Grunfeld.

Why? Because Goldstein and Beall are considered, within academia at least, to be the world's foremost experts on Tibetan history. They are the world's most recognised authorities on Tibetan history.

Yet Goldstein and Beall and Grunfeld all present views that don't sit comfortably with the pro-Tibet lobby. Goldstein is often accused by Tibetan lobbyists of being a "CCP lackey" which is amusing, as is Grunfeld.

David, a few comments back, when I responded to your interpretation of Tibetan history, I used Feigon to support my case, yet Feigon attempts to present a pro-Tibet lobby discourse. He doesn't do a very convincing job of it, though his book is useful and well worth reading nevertheless. The fact that I can use him to support my argument is because he draws his information from Goldstein and Grunfeld, and the facts simply work in my favour. Anchor's understanding of Tibetan history is the correct one, and I assume he is a Goldstein and Grunfeld reader.

I use the word "correct" with such confidence here (some may say arrogance!) because literally all of the available empirically verifiable evidence supports the interpretation that Anchor and I have presented here on this forum - somebody like Feigon details these same facts but doesn't dare to discuss the implications of these facts. Warren Smith Jr. does the same thing in his book - he draws heavily from the experts, but is very selective in what he chooses to borrow. Goldstein and Beall and Grunfeld are leagues ahead of the Warren Smith Jrs. and Leigh Feigons of this world.

I too have a history background by the way, but my thesis focused on the differential treatment of men and women by the 18th century English criminal law courts. Still, I have a good eye for sources, and I have read widely on the Tibetan issue - I'm familiar with all of the arguments. My position doesn't reflect any bias on my part. Why should I have a bias on this issue, after all?

The simple fact is this: the weight of historical research doesn't support the pro-Tibetan case. If it did, I'd be arguing in favour of the pro-Tibetan case, wouldn't I?

Look over all of my comments on this thread, and once again, you will see that I have drawn from many sources. It's not as if I rely on Parenti. I only draw on his essay a few times in total, in fact.

And Tibetan Photo Project, I rather strongly suspect that you are not very familar with the New Left Review, which I can assure you is a highly respected and valued academic journal, and a very scholarly one at that.

I agree that there is a need to include Tibetan sources when examining the Tibet situation - both past and present. That goes without saying. But as far as I am concerned, I have done just that: I have drawn upon media and traveller interviews with Tibetans when writing my comments here, and I have also drawn upon one Tibetan in Exile historian (there aren't many of them to draw from) and I have also relied heavily on professional researchers who have spent much time in Tibet and Dharmasala interviewing Tibetans - Pamela Logan, Melvyn Goldstein and Cynthia Beall, P. Klieger and Audrey Prost. I even drew a little from Mariana and Herbert Röttgen (both of who have lived in Dharmasala and were once close personal friends of the Dalai Lama - yet I don't think I could find a more damning attack on the Dalai Lama and on Tibetan Buddhism than their book In The Shadow of the Dalai Lama). I have also drawn from writers who are highly sympathetic to the government in exile cause - the Tibetan historian I mentioned, and Leigh Feigon. I also draw a little (in one of my comments) from one Chinese historian, pointing out where he and Tibetan historians are in agreement, and where they differ.

My sources, I think, are far more varied than the more limited range that you two have so far drawn from. Tibet Photo Project, your assertion that writers like Parenti are out "to diminish Tibet" is silly slander. And as I just finished pointing out, most of the sources that I have drawn upon base their findings on actual research carried out either in Tibet or in Dharmasala, or in both. Your suggestion then, that my sources "come up notably short on viewing any Tibetan history from any Tibetan perspective" is utter nonsense.

The works of Pamela Logan and Barry Sautman and Grunfeld and Goldstein and Beall all lend support to my own personal observations too, I might add. I was last in Tibet in September 2002. In fact, I spent two weeks in Kham on route to the TAR, where Tenzin Delek was arrested.

The first thing I will say about the Kham region, is that Tibetan culture is thriving there, including religious culture. I witnessed, for example, an exorcism ceremony in Xiangcheng (Chatreng in Tibetan). This was not a commodified event for tourists. There were no tourists, and the temple itself wasn't in the least bit commodified. No entry fees, no charges whatsover. I had problems interviewing the monks, because none of them could speak either English or Mandarin. I am not fluent in Mandarin, but my spouse is, and she normally interprets for me - so I really, for much of the time, had to rely on visual observations, I admit - though in Litang I was able to interview the Tibetan family whose home we stayed in, and they were quite clearly thriving, and expressed great satisfaction with the present status quo.

Xiancheng (which is more isolated and remote than Litang) is located in the Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous Region - a region that is home to roughly 800,000 ethnic Tibetans, who make up 93% of the total population. Xiangcheng lies within the borders of Sichuan province, not the TAR, and yet even here Tibetan towns and villages remain largely Tibetan - both in terms of character, and in terms of ethnic composition.

If you do a google search and read the plethora of travelogues written by Western travellers who have passed through Kham over the past five to ten years, you will find that the bulk of them leave with favourable impressions. Tony Williams for example, an Australian traveller, wrote the following about his time spent in Baiyu, in the Kham region of Sichuan: the Buddhist monk he talked too at the local monastery there "says he is happy with the administration. Novices are supposed not to be less than eighteen, but younger ones attend the monastery school and do not wear the novice habit. There is a limit on numbers, but it is not regarded as onerous. He says that the Panchen Lama controversy does not impinge on them because they belong to the Nyingma school, the Panchen Lama belonging to the Gelug school. The visitation of monasteries by 'political correctness' teams that has occurred in central Tibet has not happened here. Children who do not attend the monastery school attend regular school where instruction is in Chinese, but they have the option of learning Tibetan. Naturally I can hardly expect such a person to be entirely frank with a stranger, but it is clear that this monastery is prospering."

Tony Willams then has the following to say about Litang: "We inspect some of the temples and smaller shrines, in one of which we find a large picture of the Dalai Lama, and a monk asks us into his cell. This seems to be a contented place." (http://home.alphalink.com.au/~dawa/china99.htm)

Indeed, I myself came across numerous portraits of the Dalai Lama displayed openly in the monasteries of both Sichuan and Yunnan while I was there back in 2002. Monks within the TAR also told Pamela Logan that they were able to practice their religion freely, remember, so long as they didn't politicise their practices, in which case they run the risk of being arrested.

Likewise, Bill Weir, who cycled through Kham, wrote the following in his travelogue when visiting Litang: "Tibetans from the old town, the local monastery, and far away flocked to Litang for shopping and socializing. Women wore their fine jewelry of silver, amber, coral and turquoise. Men often sported fashionable hats and their own jewelry. Both men and women commonly wore bands of red yarn in their hair. Besides enjoying people watching, I strolled up the hill to the large monastery complex and wandered through the old section of town. Litang seemed more 'Tibetan' than any town I had visited in Tibet proper!....Tibetans seem to be doing well in western Sichuan. I saw many monasteries and houses being renovated or built anew." (http://www.bikechina.com/ct-bw-yn-sc-05-6.php)

Dr Pamela Logan (of Stanford University) has spent an enormous amount of time living in Kham, and has written a book about Xiangcheng, and her impressions generally mirror those of my own, of those whose impressions I just quoted above. During her frequent visits to the Kham region, incidentally, she involves herself with the restoring and maintainence of traditional Tibetan architecture in the region, particulalry monasteries.

Dr Logan also points out that such religious freedom also exists within the TAR. In her essay titled “Tulkas in Tibet”, published in the Winter 2004 edition of Harvard Asia Quarterly, she wrote: "In modern Tibet, Buddhist practice is monitored by the Religious Affairs Bureau, a branch of the Chinese government; therefore, tulkus must tread a careful path through a maze of conflicting demands. If they serve as abbots, they are supposed to participate in periodic 'patriotic re-education' campaigns, and to uphold various rules concerning things like the number of monks at their monastery. Because of their influence, they may be asked to speak out in favour of government campaigns. However, most tulkus I know do not seem much impeded by government-imposed duties. They spend much more time on their traditional responsibilities. Every monastery has a calendar of religious activities in which the local tulkus are expected to take part, and a senior tulku will probably lead. Monks gather in their monastery's main assembly hall, where they sit for hours chanting in unison from printed scriptures, usually to the accompaniment of ritual instruments such as drums, horns, and bells. At times, the chanting is punctuated by other rites such as the giving of an offering, the destruction of an effigy, or the distribution of sanctified gifts such as water, protection yarn, or medicine. A great deal of detailed knowledge is required to understand these rituals and to keep to the complicated script.”

Barry Sautman's research within the TAR led him to the same opinions, though admittedly, the situation is somewhat more relaxed in Kham where many monasteries can fly the Tibetan Snow Lion flag, and openly display photos of the Dalai Lama. One recent young American traveller to Kham even described on his blog how his Tibetan friend Dorje got around the small town of Yuke on a red motorcycle that "had a colored Tibetan snow lion etched below the seat on the back panel." That was in October 2006. Dorje's family, who often invite Chinese tourists into their home, keep numerous photos of the Dalai Lama on display. "To the side of the foyer is a group of photos of the Great Spiritual and Political Leader," writes Daniel Smith, "I was a bit surprised to see his amiable, paternal face peering from behind his bespectacled old eyes. In America, there are many misconceptions about the stringency in which certain Chinese policies are enforced." (http://khamabiding.blogspot.com/ ... biding_archive.html)

So what I am trying to demonstrate here? That one needs to look at the bigger picture. Generally speaking, Tibetans are doing well in China, both inside and outside of the TAR. Living standards have never been better. One only has to drive through the Zhongdian area of Yunnan to see how well off Tibetan farmers in Kham are doing these days to appreciate this. The Kham region has never been more peaceful or prosperous. Never!

Tenzin Delek's story then, needs to be viewed in the broader context. I have no doubt that he was the victim of a misjustice, and I think that human rights organisations like Amnesty International and those of the pro-Tibet lobby are right to rally on his behalf, and given that the pressure placed on Beijing by the EU, the US Congress and the UN forced Beijing to intervene in the case to have his capital sentence commuted to life imprisonment is something that needs to be commended. It's clear proof that human rights organisations have an important role to play in helping to monitor and to improve the international human rights situation.

But look David, I have never argued otherwise, have I? In fact, I have, from my very first comment on this forum, maintained the argument that serious human rights abuses do occur in Tibet, and that such abuses need to be challenged - but with the qualification that lobby groups ought not to exaggerate the extent of such human rights abuses.

My charge against the Tibet Government in Exile and the pro-Tibet lobby in the West, is that they very often do exaggerate the extent of human rights abuses in Tibet, both past and present abuses. I have offered up proof of this - the claim that "cultural genocide" is taking place in particular, is an ENORMOUS exaggeration. And instances of torture are not as widespread or as common as these organisations make them out to be either. This is the core issue that is at the heart of this debate David. You can alert us all to individual cases, like the one you just outlined in your last comment, but in order to assess the overall situation in Tibet, one needs to view such cases in the broader context. What percentage of the population of ethnic Tibetans have suffered such abuses? And what kinds of behaviour or activities do they need to engage in before they are likely to be arrersted and abused? What is life like for ther majority of ethnic Tibetans living in China, both inside and outside the TAR?

Take up the cases of those individuals who do suffer human rights abuses at the hands of government authorities, by all means. It's important to do so - wherever and whenever they occur in the world. But don't exaggerate the extent of such abuses, because to do so compromises the legitimacy of the human rights cause, and as I keep saying, in the case of Tibet, to do so merely encourages the separatist cause (which is a hopeless, long lost cause that even the Dalai Lama himself has given up on) which in turn raises the anxieties of those government officials (of both Han and ethnic Tibetan heritage) who are charged with maintaing public security within the TAR, thereby perpetuating an environment in which hardliners are able to come to the fore and to exert an influence.

Warmest regards,

M.A.Jones
Shenzhen

[ 本帖最后由 ltbriar 于 2008-9-18 14:43 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-9-18 14:44 | 显示全部楼层
【中文翻譯】
M.A.Jones贴于: 2007年1月28日, 星期日, 凌晨 3:03

亲爱的大卫Meanwell及Tibetan Photo Project,

再次感谢你们的回应。首先, 我想提出资料来源这问题。你俩都提供了批评帕兰奇西藏神话的连结, 那很好,我知道帕兰奇属于一位政治科学学者多于是一位专业历史家, 但如果你看他的论点,他很大量地采用梅尔文.戈尔斯坦与戈伦夫(著述)。华伦.史密斯也不是专业历史家, 是吧? 他较多是一位政治运动家, 如果你仔细看他的书,你就会看出他完全靠第二手材料, 特别是戈尔斯坦的。
那就有趣了, 因为差不多人人都大量依赖戈尔斯坦和比尔的著作: 华伦.史密斯与利.费贡都是大量依靠戈尔斯坦的, 而费贡也大量采用戈伦夫(资料)。

何解? 因为戈尔斯坦和比尔是被认为, 至少在学术界里, 是世界上西藏历史专家的先行者。他们是世界广为公认的西藏历史权威。

然而, 戈尔斯坦和比尔及戈伦夫都提出让藏独游说团不安的观点。有趣的是戈尔斯坦经常被藏独游说者指责是“中共的奴才”, 戈伦夫也一样。

大卫, 前几个我对你的西藏历史解读的回贴里, 我引用费贡来支持自己论点, 可是费贡企图扭转为一个有利藏独游说团的论调,虽则他的书很有用也无论如何值得一看, 只是他没法有说服力。我之所以能用他来支持论点是因为他的资料是来自戈尔斯坦和戈伦夫的,而那些事实刚好派上用场。Anchor对西藏历史的理解是正确的, 而我假设他是戈尔斯坦和戈伦夫的读者。

我这所以有信心用“正确”一词(有人可能说是狂妄)是因为顾名思义地所有存在着可验证的经验证据都支持Anchor跟我在此栏呈现的解读。像费贡的一些人同样详列这些事实但却不敢讨论这些事实暗示的讯息。华伦.史密斯在他书里也是一样 – 他大量采用专家资料, 但却极小心挑他所借用的材料。在当世,戈尔斯坦和比尔及戈伦夫是领先于华伦.史密斯及利. 费贡的铁三角。

还有, 我也是有历史专业背景的, 但我的论文聚焦在18世纪英国刑事法庭对男女不同对待上。可是, 我对材料有好的判断力, 而我也在西藏问题上博览群书 – 我对所有的辩证都很熟悉。我的立场并没有反映我有任何偏见。算到底, 我需要在这问题上持偏颇立论吗?

很简单的事实: 历史研究的结果并不支持藏独的论述。如果它真的支持, 我就会是有利于藏独一方辩论了嘛, 是不是?

翻看我在这栏的意见, 你会再次发现我是博引多方, 非只依赖帕兰奇一家之言的。事实上,我总共只不过是引用了他的文章数次。

然后Tibetan Photo Project, 我很怀疑你不熟悉新左评论, 我可跟你保证是一份被高度重视和有价值的学报, 而且是很学院氛围的。

我同意在探讨西藏情况时应纳入来自西藏 – 古代及现今的资料。那是毋庸多说的。但至少在我个人来说, 我已做到这点:我在这里的意见内已引用了媒体及访客跟西藏人的访谈, 而且我也引用了一位西藏流亡历史学者(可是他们没几位可引述的),我也大量采用长期花时间在西藏及达兰萨拉采访藏人 – 彭玛拉. 卢根, 戈尔斯坦和辛西娅.比尔, P. Klieger及AudreyProst这些专业研究者。我甚至小量引用了Mariana and Herbert Röttgen(他俩都曾在达兰萨拉居住,也曾一度是达赖喇嘛很亲近的朋友 –可是我想我也再难找到比他们达赖喇嘛的阴影一书那么致命攻击达赖喇嘛及藏传佛教的了)。我也曾引用过对流亡政府抱极同情态度的作者 –我提那位西藏历史家利.费贡。(在我其中一贴)我也采用了一位中国历史学者, 指出他那些地方跟其他西藏史学家相同, 那些地方有异。

我想, 我采用的资料比你俩至今引用那些较限定范畴的资料为多样化。Tibet Photo Project,你声称像帕兰奇那些作者是立意“消灭西藏”是可笑的中伤。正如我刚指出,我所引是他们从西藏或达兰萨拉或两地兼而有之的实地研究所收集的资料。你所指我资料来源“明显就是缺乏任何从西藏人角度去看西藏历史”完全是一派胡言。

我甚至可加一句, 彭玛拉.卢根及沙巴行, 戈伦夫, 戈尔斯坦和比尔的著述全都支持我个人的观察。我最后去西藏是2002年9月, 事实上, 我在往西藏自治区途中在康区逗留了两星期, 就是丹增德勒被捕的地方。

我会说有关康区的第一件事是, 西藏文化包括宗教文化仍然在那里蓬勃发展。我见证了, 例如,在乡城(藏文Chatreng)举行的驱邪仪式。这不是为游客设的商品节目, 那里没有游客, 而寺院本身也一点不带商品化色彩。没有售门票,完全没有任何收费。我有困难访问那些僧侣, 因为他们没有一人能说英语或普通话。我普通话不流利, 但我太太可以, 通常是她为我传译 –所以说实话, 我承认我大部份时间都依赖眼睛观察 -  但在理塘我能访问我们借宿的西藏家庭, 而他们很明确是在蓬勃发展着,而对目前状况表示极大满足。

乡城(比理塘更为孤立和偏僻)位于西藏自治区的甘孜地区 – 是约八十万藏族人的居地, 占总人口的93%。乡城坐落在四川省边境地区, 非西藏自治区, 可就连这里西藏城镇及村落大部份保持西藏风貌, 在特性及族裔人口成份都如此。

如果你用谷歌搜索去观看在过去十年间穿越康区西方旅客多不胜数的游记,你会发现他们大部份都保存良好的印象的。例如一位澳洲旅客东尼.威廉士就察他在四川省康区白玉渡过的时光:跟他交谈的当地寺院僧侣“说他对政府很满意。沙弥应该不能少于十八岁的, 但年纪小的上寺院学校而不穿沙弥袍服。数目上是有限制的,可却不是法律规定。他说他们是宁玛派,故属于格鲁派的班禅喇嘛的争议对他们没有影响。西藏中部出现的“政治正确”的朝圣进香团在这里没有出现过。不进寺院学校的小孩就上以中文授课的正规学校,但他们可以选择学藏文。自然我无法想像这样的人跟一个陌生人开诚布公, 但清楚显示是这寺院一片兴旺。”

东尼.威廉士对理塘有如下描述:“我们视察了好些寺院及较小的神庙, 在其中一处我们找到了一幅达赖喇嘛的大照片, 而一名僧侣请我们到他的房间。这似乎是很让人满意的地方。”(http://home.alphalink.com.au/~dawa/china99.htm)

的确, 我自己2002年在四川及云南时都曾经看到在寺院无数公开展示张贴的达赖喇嘛照片。在西藏自治区的僧侣也告诉彭玛拉. 卢根他们有自由信奉他们的宗教, 只要记得不把宗教政治化, 要是那样他们就得承受被捕的风险。

同样, 骑自行车越过康区的比尔.威尔在他游记写到途经理塘时:“从古老城镇,当地寺院及老远的地方都聚集在理塘作买卖及社交活动。妇女戴上她们白银, 琥珀,珊瑚和祖母绿的首饰。男人常作秀戴上时髦的帽子和他们那些珠宝饰物。男男女女头上都常缚上红线编的头巾。除了欣赏来往游人外,我溜到山上那大寺院建筑, 和在城里古旧的地区流连。理塘似乎比我在主要西藏地区看来更“西藏”! ....在四川西部的藏人似乎过得很不错。我看到许多寺院及房屋都在翻新或是原地重建。” (http://www.bikechina.com/ct-bw-yn-sc-05-6.php)

(史丹福大学的)彭玛拉. 卢根博士花了不少时间在康区生活, 而写了一本有关乡城的书, 她的印象普遍就是我自己在上面引述的那些的反映。在经常到访康区时, 她还意外地参与了地区内特别是寺院的传统西藏建筑的保存及维修工作。

卢根博士也指出这种宗教自由在西藏自治区也同样存在。她在于2004冬出版的哈佛亚洲季节风里名为“在西藏的图嘉”的文章写道:“在现今西藏,佛教活动是由中国政府一个部门, 宗教事务局管理; 所以图嘉们必须在互相矛盾的诉求迷宫中小心行事。作为僧侣,他们被期待按期参与“爱国再教育”运动, 和遵守一些如对他们寺院僧侣人数的规定。由于他们的影响力,他们也许被要求对政府运动美言一下。但多数我认识的图嘉们似乎没有被政府所加的职责所阻碍。他们花更多时间在自己传统职责上。每所寺院都有一个宗教活动的日历表, 而当地的图嘉多数都须要在一高级图嘉带领下出席的。僧侣在寺院大殿集合, 在那里坐上数小时一起依照经典印本来诵读, 通常有法器如鼓,角及铃伴着。其中, 诵经会被其他仪式如献供, 破瓦,分发圣水,护身绳符或灵药等圣物所打断。瞭解这些仪式和记诵那些复杂的经文是需要很丰富的知识的。”

沙巴利在西藏自治区的研究让他得同样的意见, 虽然要承认在康区情况是较宽松些, 有许多寺院可以挂上西藏雪山狮子旗,及公开地展示达赖喇嘛的照片。一个最近到康区的美国年轻旅行社甚至在他博客形容他的西藏朋友多杰在玉科一个小镇在红色机车扬长过市,“坐垫背板鲜明刻着一艳丽的西藏雪山狮子”。那是2006年10月,经常邀请中国游客到他们家的多杰一家展示着无数达赖喇嘛的照片。丹尼尔.史勿夫写着:“在大门地堂的旁边是一组伟大的精神及政治领袖的照片。我看到他眼镜后的老眼昏花透出亲和慈父般的脸容时有点讶异。在美国存在着许多有关某些中国政策严格实行的误导概念。”(http://khamabiding.blogspot.com/ ... biding_archive.html)

那我在这想显示些什么? 我们需要放宽视野。一般来说, 在中国的西藏人都过得很好, 不管是自治区里或外。生活水平从来没有如此的好过。不管谁只消开车穿越云南藏甸地区就可看到康区的西藏农民如今有多富裕。康区也从来没有如此的太平或蓬勃, 从未有过!

那就谈丹增德勒的故事, 就需要放较宽的背景来观看。我不怀疑他是不公审判的受害者,而我认为像国际特赦组织那种人权机构及藏独游说团代他争取是合理的, 让欧盟,美国国会及联合国向北京施压把他从死刑改为终身监禁也是应做的事。这很明确证明人权组织在帮助监察及改善国际人权状况有重要的角色担当。

可是大卫, 我从来没有异议吧, 有吗? 事实上, 我从这论坛的第一贴以来, 都一直主张在西藏确有严重的人权侵犯事件, 而那些事件是必须追究的 – 可是我突出是游说团不应把这些人权侵犯事件夸大其事。

我对西藏流亡政府及西方藏独游说团的指责是他们很经常地夸大西藏的人权侵犯事件, 不管是过去或现在发生的事件。就此我提供了证明 –特别是对“文化灭种”的指控, 是极大偏离的夸大之词。而虐待事件也并不如那些组织所称的那么广泛或普遍。大卫,这才是这争论的中心点。你可以给我们指出不同的个案, 就像你在你最后一贴那样, 可是如果要评估西藏整体情况,那就需要从大环境来观察这些事例。藏族人口中到底有百分之多少受到迫害? 而他们之前从事什么样的行为或活动才使他们可能遭逮捕或迫害? 在中国,西藏自治区内及外, 他们大部份藏族人口的生活是怎样的?

尽可能把那些在政府手里遭受人权侵犯的个别人士的个案翻出来, 不管是在世界何地何时发生, 都理所当然要公开。但不要把侵犯夸大失实,因为这一来只会断送人权诉求的合法性, 如我一直强调, 在西藏情况, 只会鼓励分离主义(而那是个连达赖喇嘛自己都放弃没希望, 早成泡影的诉求),从而使身负西藏公安的政府官方(汉裔, 藏裔都一样)的焦虑, 而维持让强硬派能有理由插手的氛围。

敬候近安

M.A.Jones, 深圳

[ 本帖最后由 ltbriar 于 2008-9-18 14:46 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-6-14 19:49 | 显示全部楼层
終於看完了!很精彩的辯論!翻譯人員辛苦了!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-1 23:38 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢翻译,真得是太辛苦你了。我一开始还看英文,到后来实在没有绞脑汁的力气了,直接看的中文翻译。我看这些东西都费劲费时间呢,更何况翻译文章。再次谢谢。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-16 17:36 | 显示全部楼层
我们需要有人去回应这些SB的话~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-18 16:28 | 显示全部楼层
我们需要有人去回应这些SB的话~~~
==============>你这句话让大部分看完这个贴子的人感到羞耻。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

mdsgb 该用户已被删除
发表于 2013-9-30 06:06 | 显示全部楼层
国际在线报道(记者丁宁王策):中国外交部发言人洪磊24日证实,3533888.com  太阳城娱乐城,
201388888,约70名日前遭到尼日利亚扣押的中国公民已获释。中方将与尼方保持密切沟通,推动有关问题得到妥善解决。懒人鞋男板鞋,lanrenshoe.com/fenlei/nanbanxie_lanrenshoe.html/,

洪磊是在当天的例行记者会上回答相关提问时作上述表示的。22日,近百名中国公民在尼日利亚移民部门清理非法居留和工作外国人的行动中被扣。洪磊说,事发后,中国驻尼日利亚使馆、驻拉各斯总领馆高度重视,立即向尼方了解核实情况,派员进行领事探视,并要求尼方依法公正妥善处理。YGG,
洪磊还强调,对部分确实存在非法居留和工作情况并可能被依法遣返的中国公民,驻尼使领馆将继续积极提供领事协助,维护他们的人身安全、得到人道主义待遇等合法权益。回收手机配件, haoic.cc/Product/,,。,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-10-18 23:00 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,支持一下!

( ⊙o⊙ )哇但是我法师打发的说法
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 22:34 , Processed in 0.036784 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On.