注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 16693|回复: 54

外国网民如何看待“中国处死英籍毒犯”?

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-12-30 12:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/new ... inks-about-britain/

Both Gordon Brown and David Miliband made it abundantly clear to the Chinese authorities that they were totally opposed to the execution of the mentally-ill former taxi driver.
But the Chinese ignored their appeals and went ahead with the execution in the early hours of this morning. And rather than seeking to reassure Britain that the affair would not affect relations between the two countries, Chinese officials have issued a series of statements condemning Britain’s unwarranted interference in their internal affairs.
And that just about sums up China’s attitude not just to Britain,but to the Western alliance.  China’s fundamental approach to the West is that it is prepared to cooperate only when it is regarded as in Beijing’s interests to do so. We saw this at the Copenhagen global warming summit, where the Chinese basically withdrew their cooperation when they realised the reduction in carbon emissions might damage their own economic growth.
The same applies to their attitude towards law and order. The Chinese government regards the death penalty as an essential tool to maintaining law and order in the world’s most populous country, and no amount of condemnation from the West is going to change their minds.

布朗和米利班德两人都向中国官方明确表态,完全反对对患有精神病的前出租车司机执行死刑。

但是中国忽略了他们的申诉,并在今早几小时前继续执行了死刑。并未选择安抚英国,并称此事不会影响两国关系,中国官司方已经发表了一系列声明,谴责英国无理干涉中国内政。

而这只是北京的态度,而非英国或者西方联盟。中国对西方的基本路线就是当事情对北京有利时才愿意合作。我们在哥本哈根气候大会上看到,当中国意识到碳减排会对他们的经济增长造成危害的时候,他们根本上取消合作。

这种态度同样是他们对待法律、法规的态度,中国政府认为死刑是维护法律和管理世界上人口最大国家必需的手段,西方的谴责并不能让他们改变主意。

-------------------------评论分割线-------------------------

If there is no fear then there will be no Law or Order. West doesn’t seem to understand that. Each and every one should take responsibility not hide behind excuses.
whynot on Dec 29th, 2009 at 12:45 pm

如果无所畏惧,那就就没有法律或法规。西方似乎并不理解这一点。每一个人都应该承担责任,没有什么借口。

Why should Peking care what the British government thinks? I was born here and I don’t.
I studied Chinese at university and it is refreshing to see the Chinese treating Brown and Milliband with the respect they deserve. In the last thirty years the Chinese government has arranged affairs so that hundreds of millions of Chinese citizens have lifted themselves out of poverty. Who are these punks to lecture their betters?
edinburghstoic on Dec 29th, 2009 at 12:58 pm

为什么北京需要在乎英国政府的看法?我在这出生的,我都无视。

我在大学时学习中文,令我耳目一新的是,中国这次给予布朗和米利班德应得的“尊重”,在过去的30年中,中国政府使亿万中国平民摆脱了贫困。(布朗)这群笨蛋还好意思向别人说教?

Does ANYBODY listen to Gordon Clown OR Buggered Britain anymore ?
britbybirthozbychoice on Dec 29th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

还有人会听戈登小丑(指布朗)和被鸡奸的英国的话吗?

It’s a situation that Briton, and the West, will have to accept.

The West is a spent force and can only offer rhetoric; real power now lies elsewhere.
Roman on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:02 pm

这是英国、西方的处境,我们只有面对现实。

西方已是强弩之末,只能过过嘴瘾,真正的权力并不在我们这边。

If Shaikh (good ole British name) was as mentally impaired as his family and others are claiming, then why was he wandering alone around the world?
Furthermore, if the unelected one and his pet millipede are so against the death penalty, why didn’t they object to it when the Saddam look-alike was hung – and why did they sign the EU Constitreaty, which, hidden in a footnote of a footnote, mentions that the EU will have the power to execute anybody protesting in the streets against the EU?
But then hypocrisy is a requirement for today’s politicians.
lickyalips on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:03 pm

如果Shaikh(很古老的英国名,不错)如他的家人和其它人所说的,是个缺心眼,那他为什么可以一个人满世界漂?
进一步说,如果布朗和他的马屁精们这么反对死刑,当初为什么处决萨达姆的时候不反对?为什么他们要签EU Constitreaty?在这个文件的最不起眼的地方写道,欧盟有权力处死在街上抗议EU的任何人。
这种年代,虚伪已经是政客的必备素质了。

“…China’s fundamental approach to the West is that it is prepared to cooperate only when it is regarded as in Beijing’s interests to do so…”
Can you tell me which country in the world wouldn’t do the same? After all, it’s all about national interests.
BTW, China also executed a Japanese drug trafficker a couple years ago. Do you think the U.K. is more important to China than Japan is?
Pacific Century on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:06 pm

"中国对西方的基本路线就是当事情对北京有利时才愿意合作。"
你能告诉我这个世界上有哪个国家不是这样吗?说到底,这是事关国家利益。
顺便说一声,中国在两年前也处死了一个日本毒犯。你认为对于中国而言,英国重要还是日本得要?

Gordon Brown is really to much every day we see young men and women being brought home in coffins.They are obeying his orders.Do we see any of his tears for them.He should keep his nose out of other countries affairs.And look in his own backyard.
comment on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:07 pm

布朗就是吃饱了撑的,每天我们都看到年青人被装在棺材里带回家,他们服从布朗的今夜,可是我们看到布朗为此流过半滴泪吗?他应该少操心别的国家的事,先看好自家的后院吧。

I agree with the majority of comments posted here. Nulab seems to think that special conditions should apply when UK citizens visit a foreign country.When we visit a country we have to accept the country as it is not pontificate about how it should be. I must say that i would have done exactly the same as the Chinese government has done. Its all down to political spin in this country backed up by a stupid liberal press.
swell on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

我同意这里大多数人的意见,楼上的Nulab看起来认为英国公民在国外应当适用特别的条例,当我们访问一个国家时,我们应当接受这个国家,而不是自命不凡。我必须说,如果我是中国政府,我也会这么做。我们国家陷入政治骗局往往因为有愚蠢的出版自由的支持

The sooner we start executing criminals like Shaikh the soon we solve the crime problem we have in this country. But seeing as the opium crop from Afganistan is being Peddled by the UK and US this will never happen. A shame really I’d love to see Bliar and Bruin on the gallows.
whiteenglishproud on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:25 pm

我们越快开始处决像Shaikh这样的罪犯,我们就能越快解决我们国家的犯罪问题。但是看起来好像和美国正在贩卖阿富汗种植的鸦片,这种事情好像不可能发生却偏发生,真是感到耻辱,我很希望看到布莱尔和布鲁因被绞死。

Perhaps the UK (and it’s politically correct thinking) is so far removed from common sense and reality that when a country (which, by the way, has been around FAR longer than we) decides to take what it considers appropriate measures against a law-breaker, the UK finds it impossible to understand.

Perhaps the UK would be in a less parlous state (criminal activity-wise) if it were to implement some more meaningful punishments for transgressors??

Hmmm.
Jon on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:26 pm

当一个国家(顺便说一下,已经超过我们的国家很多)决定对一个违法者采取适当手段的时候。也许英国(这是政治正确的想法)当前已经失去常识和真相,英国发现这些很难理解。

如果对违法者实施有实在的惩罚,也许英国会进入一个更少危险的状态(犯罪行为更少)。

What a monkey Brown is. He should be getting his own back yard in order before telling The Chinese how to do theirs. China have nothing like the criminal element Brown allows to disgrace this country, I wonder why.
Probably best not to upset China, Gordy, you dolt, everyone’s laughing at you. Beijing doesn’t have to care about maintaining cordial relations with us, they’ll be the next world Superpower.

As for Shaikh, do the crime, do the time. Another drug smuggler we don’t have to worry about.
Himself on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:26 pm

布朗真是能折腾,在告诉中国人要怎么做之前,他应该先把自家的事情解决掉。犯罪分子布朗,你凭什么羞辱中国?我很好奇。

最好别想着颠覆中国,高登,你个白痴,每个人都在笑你,北京才不关心跟我们维持什么兴奋剂关系。他们会是下一个世界强权。

对于shaikh,不过是另一个我们可以无视的毒贩罢了。

Can’t blame the Chinese for following their own rules, whilst raising two fingers to the rest of the world. They’re putting the interests of their own country before any others, and I can’t see what’s wrong with that.

I only wish that OUR useless bunch of namby-pamby,neo-social-workers who infest Westminster would do the same for OUR country.
redmanc on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:32 pm

不能因为中国执行了自己的法律去指责他们,对世界其它地方竖中指,他们只会考虑自己国家的利益而不顾别国。我看不到中国做错了什么。

我只希望这些没用的小BB、新社会工作者们会为了我们的国家也去骚扰下英国政界。

Totally agree with Swell

Brown and ZanuLab have forced us to bend over backwards to make foreigners feel welcome here, to the point of destroying our own national identity and culture. Then because of that they expect the same when Bitish Nationals go abroad. Doesn’t work that way I’m afraid. If you go somehwere, you’re subject to their culture and beliefs or you deal with the consequences.

I also think it’s appalling that we can berate China for executing people, when poll after poll has shown that the majority of people in this country would want to reintroduce corporal punishment.

The more the government protest every foreign conviction of a British citizen in a country they don’t like, the less likely the government will be taken seriously when there really is an unjust conviction. Our govenrment acts like a football fan, supporting people because they’re on ‘our side’
Shaft120 on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:33 pm

完全赞同楼上的Swell

布朗和Zanulab强迫我们点头哈腰让外国人感受欢迎,这是在摧毁我们自己国家的地位和文化。所以我们出国后,他们依然觉得我们比较低下。这让我很担心。不管你去哪,都得服从当时的文化和信仰,不然,你就是这个后果。

我也认为这很可怕,我们可以指责中国继续死刑,但是从数次投票来看,中国大部分人民都都支持恢复肉体刑罚。

如果一个英国公民在一个不喜欢英国的国家被定罪时,政府的抗议越多,那么这个国家认真对待的可能性就越小,当这个案子确实是一个不公正的判决时。我们政府的行为像个球迷,只支持自己这边的人(译注:而不是公正)。

The Chinese should have broadcast the execution live so we could all cheer ; sometimes you have to kill the chicken to scare the English monkeys. This English heroin trafficker dealer had 4 kilos of heroin on him; this heroin WMD is enough to kill and enslave thousands of people. Lets hope his death will be a lesson for other English clowns who think they can just walk into China with their heroin to cause mayhem and addiction.
Johan de Meulemeester on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:36 pm

If I was caught with 4Kg of scag, I would claim mental to try and sidestep responsibility to. SO mental that I was able to contact suppliers, plan transport, secure the cash, find dealers to distribute the stuff in a foreign country et al, ad infinitum…
Wrist Deep on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:38 pm

“When in Rome, do as the Romans do”. If you travel to a country that has the death penalty for drug trafficking, it should not be a surprise if, when you get caught that you have to die.
If only all the foreigners that have come to our shores had done the same, i.e. live like a home grown brit, we would not have half of the problems we have today.
dodgydave on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:47 pm

To be absolutely honest, I don’t think the British government were ever serious about saving Akmal’s life. Everybody knows that when dealing with the Chinese, the most effective way is to negotiate quietly behind the doors. However, the minute everything goes public, the Chinese are left with no choice but to execute Akmal.

What does the British government get out of that?
1. A free chance to condemn China’s human right records.
2. A free chance to take moral high ground.
3. A free political cause to unite the nation.

But do they really care that Akmal will die in exchange? Of course not… they probably would only if his surname was Smith or Taylor…
whatever123 on Dec 29th, 2009 at 1:51 pm

The Chinese are an intelligent, nationalistic people with a powerful military and a large, strong, healthy economy. They’re the antithesis to us, basically. They know, like we do, that anything Brown – and indeed our government – says should be either treated with contempt or derision.
I have no respect for this drug smuggler who decided he’d try to use his manic depression as an excuse for trafficking 4 kilos of heroin into a country where it’s highly illegal. But I have to admit I have sympathy for the moment he was made aware that Gordon ‘inverted Midas touch’ Brown was going into bat for him. Since everything Brown associates himself with inevitbaly turns to ashes, it must’ve been chilling knowing that everything was f*cked from that point on.
myguitarwantstokillyourmama on Dec 29th, 2009 at 2:01 pm

When will people in the West realize that China does not accept any interference in its internal affairs – just as it never interferes in the affairs of other states (except Tibet, of course, which it annexed)? Brown and company would have been better to keep quiet. Their public criticism probably ended any chance of a last-minute reprieve for this man.
johnfitzpatrick on Dec 29th, 2009 at 2:02 pm

“The execution of Akmal Shaikh demonstrates what China really thinks about Britain”?

No, it does no such thing. It demonstrates what China thinks about those who smuggle drugs.
george204 on Dec 29th, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Oh boo-hoo! A drug pusher gets executed. (This bi-polar excuse is just junk; bi-polars still know the difference between right and wrong.)

Why should China stump up the money to commute his sentence to life in prison? Good for China! At some point we are going to have to take a much tougher line on our own criminals.
stoney on Dec 29th, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Those Chinese have not forgotten the Opium Wars — a few Western profiteers did grave harm to the Chinese, for money and nothing else. It was as evil as the slave trade. No cordial relations there.

About Mr. Sheikh, if he was mentally impaired then perhaps his family could have done more to keep him out of danger. I don’t know. But I know if you’re caught with drugs in China, you’re kaput. Same for Singapore.
larryhammick on Dec 29th, 2009 at 2:12 pm

There are always excuses when people get caught with drugs, he wasn’t “bipolar” enough to get a visa and travel to China on his own, the family obviously thought he was capable or they would have stopped him. How did he fund his travelling lifestyle? Drugs perhaps? Have his family lost their favourite mule?

Half of the “disorders” people suffer in the UK probably don’t even exist. As for China – who are we to point the finger? Research the opium wars, we wrecked the longest standing civilisation for a generation just to get cheap tea, then attacked and nicked several ports off China when they objected. What we did to China is far worse than what we supposedly did to Africa (tried to drag them out of the stone age) yet we cannot apologise enough and sink enough funds into that self-made bottomless pit of human misery. The Chinese don’t moan and wail holding out the begging bowl, they get on with it. The streets of Beijing are far safer than the streets of London – because they have sentences that deter criminality – we could learn a thing or two from the Chinese.

One less scumbag “British” criminal – good.
Steve Lee London on Dec 29th, 2009 at 2:31 pm

You want to know what China really thinks of Britain… from someone who works there…? An ancient paper tiger that will be crushed by their economic might and power… Britain is nothing to China.. like a fly that needs to be swatted… a puppy to the great Satan Uncle Sam…. and realistically… as we continue to economically decline into a bankrupt nation…. not a lot we can do…. start learning mandarin… and reading Mao’s thoughts ????
sov192 on Dec 29th, 2009 at 10:06 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/28/akmal-shaikh-china-executes-british-man_n_405666.html

URUMQI,China — China on Tuesday executed a British man convicted of drugsmuggling in its first execution of a European citizen in half acentury, drawing a strong condemnation from Britain's prime minister.
Britain's Foreign Office confirmed the execution of Akmal Shaikh,whose relatives say was mentally unstable and was unwittingly luredinto the crime.                                                                                                                                   
发自中国乌鲁木齐。周二中国处决了一名走私毒品的英国毒贩,这是50年来中国处决的第一个欧洲公民,引来了英国首相的谴责。英国外交部确认了Akmal Shaikh的死刑,他的亲属说他精神上不稳定,不自觉地被引诱犯罪。                                                                                                                                                                                                
"Icondemn the execution of Akmal Shaikh in the strongest terms, and amappalled and disappointed that our persistent requests for clemencyhave not been granted. I am particularly concerned that no mentalhealth assessment was undertaken," British Prime Minister Gordon Brownsaid in a statement issued by the Foreign Office.
“我强烈谴责对Akmal Shaikh的判决,对于我们一直以来请求仁慈但没有得到给予,我感到惊恐和失望。我特别担心他没有接受精神鉴定。”英国首相Gordon Brown在外交部发出的一份声明中说。

Shaikh, 53, was the first European citizen to be executed in China in five decades.
Shaikh first learned of his death sentence Monday from his visitingcousins, who made a last-minute plea for his life. They say he ismentally unstable and was lured to China from a life on the street inPoland by men playing on his dreams to record a pop song for worldpeace.
Brown had spoken personally to China's prime minister about his case.
Shaikh,53岁,50年中中国出觉得第一个欧洲公民。
Shaikh 最初知道他的死刑是在周一他的侄子们探监的时候,他的侄子们为救他做了最后一次请求。他们说他精神上不稳定,而且在波兰的街头被诱骗到中国,那些人利用了要为世界和平录制流行歌曲的梦想。
布朗私下同中国总理谈了他的问题。

Shaikh was arrested in 2007 for carrying a suitcase with almost 9pounds (4 kilograms) of heroin into China on a flight from Tajikistan.He told Chinese officials he didn't know about the drugs and that thesuitcase wasn't his, according to Reprieve, a London-based prisoneradvocacy that helped with his case.
Shaikh于2007年因从塔吉克斯坦携带了一箱差不多9磅(4公斤)海洛因进入中国而被捕。他告诉中国官员他不知道那是毒品而且那个箱子不是他的。根据死缓命令,一个伦敦的囚犯支持组织帮助了他。

He was convicted in 2008 after a half-hour trial. In one courtappearance during his trial and appeal process, the judges reportedlylaughed at his rambling remarks.
2008年在半个小时的庭审之后他被宣判有罪。从他庭审和上诉阶段的法庭表现来看,据说,法官们嘲笑了他乱七八糟的陈述。

It was not known how Shaikh, who is of Pakistani descent, wasexecuted. China, which executes more people than any other country, isincreasingly doing so by lethal injection, although some deathsentences are still carried out by a shot in the head.
我们不知道Shaikh这个巴基斯坦后裔是怎样被处决的。中国比其他国家处决的人数多,虽然还是有很多死刑通过枪决执行,中国越来越多地使用注射死刑的方法。

The officer said Shaikh did not appear to have mental problems, wasfriendly with other prisoners and had learned to speak a little Chinesewhile detained.
这名狱警说Shaikh看起来没有精神上的问题,他对其他囚犯很友善而且在押期间开始学说了一点中文。

China has defended the handling of Shaikh's case, saying he received a fair trial.
中国为处理Shaikh案件而辩解,说他得到了公平的审判。

"Drug smuggling is a grave crime. The rights of the defendant havebeen fully guaranteed," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yutold a news conference last week.
“贩毒是重罪。被告人的权利已经得到了充分的保证。”中国外交部发言人姜瑜在上周的记者招待会上说。

博客评论:

Tell me again how the "terrorists," fund the war in Afghanistan, and their nefarious activities around the world?

Drug money? Poppy fields in Afghanistan, especially in Helmund province.

Aside from the victims who use the heroin, how about britan's finest?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2009/oct/14/afghanistan

Killed with bullets bought with drug profits?

Where is the outrage? Misplaced I do believe.
    Reply   Posted 08:08 PM on 12/29/2009

The problem here is that we have doubt that this man is a drug dealer. We need proof that he is a drug dealer. We are not disputing that drug trafficking is bad.
    Reply   Posted 09:17 PM on 12/29/2009

The court of the land has made the conclusion that he is guilty. This has gone through the criminal court, high court and supreme court of China. He got two appeals, just like everyone else in that land.

As a wheel chair warri*or who has no or little information other than speculations, you are in no position or right to question the court decision in the country that this drug trafficker dum*b enough to venture in.

I am sorry that your ego has been bruised. Now go get a beer and soak up.
    Reply   Posted 09:50 PM on 12/29/2009

----

The revulsion expressed by Gordon Brown has nothing to do with opposition to the death penalty, doubts about the guilty verdict or interference in China's sovereign right to implement its own laws on its own territory. It is all about the Chinese government's refusal to permit a medical examination to determine whether or not the man they were about to execute was mentally ill. Under China's legal system, clemency is normally granted where mental incapacity is proved. Nobody was asking for special treatment for this man, just the same chance of a medical review as would any Chinese citizen.

There are two recent cases in which Chinese people have been sentenced for manslaughter and murder in England. None was sentenced to death, because the death penalty was abolished 40 years ago. In one case, a Chinese gangmaster who caused the drowning of 21 Chinese cocklers in Morecambe was sent to prison for 14 years. In another, a Chinese illegal immigrant who brutally murdered a Chinese couple in Newcastle was sent to prison for life, with a minimum term of 33 years, earlier this year. In the latter case, in particular, there was great interest in China, so the English authorities allowed television access to some of the proceedings, which were thus watched by half a billion people. The trial was transparent and the English authorities did all they could to involve the Chinese government and other stakeholders. Compare this with the rough treatment offered to a British citizen.
    Reply   Posted 06:25 PM on 12/29/2009

Mere possession of a substance that's primarily harmful because people choose to *voluntarily* consume it does *not* warrant a death sentence.

Further, an extraordinary and irreversible sentence should require extraordinary measures to determine that the suspect is actually fit for the punishment. In this case, his mental health was in doubt, so measures should have been taken to alleviate or confirm such doubts.

As for "China, too, has shown lienency in many cases", that is hardly an excuse. This is another case in defense of the flawed "two wrongs make a right" philosophy.

Finally, assuming that profit from this substance is actually being funneled to Al-Qaida as you describe (which I doubt because that organization is repeatedly used an excuse for otherwise inexcusable actions), that could be alleviated by simply legalizing the mentioned substance.

When legal, it could be regulated and grown domestically thereby ensuring that domestic entities profit over foreign entities. It would also put a lot of the criminals in various countries out of business or severely harm them since the value of the illicit substance would go down due to the increased supply and there would no longer be a need to defend their black market businesses from governments by force of arms.

But wait... That makes too much sense. Let's keep it illegal so that we have an excuse to imprison and execute people in the name of their own protection instead.
    Reply   Posted 08:32 PM on 12/29/2009

---

My observations about this story:

Q Why is this news?

A Because it demonstrates that coloured Chinese people can and do judge Brits.

Background to this issue:
During the nineteenth century European states institutionalized extraterritoriality in non-Western countries through unequal treaties.

http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/0/7/2/3/8/p72387_index.html

Q Why do so manyt comments here denegrate Chinese culture, chinese people, chinese government and Chinese justice

A because we still find looking down on all things Chinese acceptable. Although we have given up the Polish light bulb jokes, no longer confuse all Itallians with the Mafia, and have elected an African American president, we still engage in Chinese Bashing. On sports talk radio last evening a Chinese fortune cookie "joke" was told.

Q Why does this forum feature so many negative stories about China?

A Because Bashing China has become the national pastime. It's fun! One of the best ways to attack a political opponant it to accuse him of "being sort on China," and becayuuse most people do not have a reliable source of information about China, so it is east to fool them.
    Reply   Posted 05:02 PM on 12/29/2009

The background to this story is one of 27 representations made by the British Govt in the 2 years since this man's trial including a plea in person by PM Gordon Brown for clemency, a huge difference between the UK and China with regards to human rights issues, the hypocrisy of the communist Govt in China as signatories to the UN Human Rights Legislation, the total disregard and scorn heaped upon an individual with mental illness, a refusal by the Communist Authorities to meet with his family or allow them to be present during his last moments or release the body to be brought back to the UK for burial.

Don't you remember the dread surrounding the Paralympics in 2008 because of the Communist Party's attitude to individuals suffering from physical and mental disabilities? It beats the Chinese coloured people nonsense out of sight.
    Reply   Posted 05:59 PM on 12/29/2009

Not all criticism of China is China bashing. We criticize the US government all day long on Huffington Post. But no one complains that we are "America bashing".
    Reply   Posted 09:47 PM on 12/29/2009

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-12-30 12:46 | 显示全部楼层
不奇怪,从以前翻过一些评论就可看出来(61、106、124楼):
http://bbs.m4.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=201476&extra=&page=5
http://bbs.m4.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=201476&extra=&page=8
http://bbs.m4.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=201476&extra=&page=9

另外,其实评论者的态度和网民一样也是分几派的,比如下边两篇:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politi ... al-shaikh-execution
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debat ... rs-deserve-die.html
上边两篇后边的评论也很多;这两篇的摘译见:http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-214372-1-1.html
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 00:23 | 显示全部楼层
It is called "Sha Yi Jing Bai" in Chinese, which can be literally translated into "killing one to scare one hundred". That is Chinese culture. They care more about the whole society than individual human beings, which is the opposite of Western culture, or at least what people in the West claim to value. People in the developing world tend to assume that people are dishonest and not trust worthy, that people never tell the truth, that people lie for everything. Life is hard for people of color in America because of that. There are lots of people of color who do not trust people of color. They give you a hard time when you try to return things to the stores. In this case, the Chinese do not believe that this man could have to deceived into carrying so much drug. I have been deceived by Chinese. So I know how good Chinese are in deceiving. But the Chinese who deceive this man into carrying drugs for them are not mentioned in the news at all. I wonder if anything has happened to them.
    Reply   Posted 03:27 PM on 12/29/2009

中文里所谓的“杀一儆百”字面上的意思就是杀掉一个可以威慑一百个。这是中国文化,他们关注整个社会意义更重于每个独立的人,这是与西方文化,或至少是与西方人所主张的价值相背离的。在发展中国家的人们更倾向于臆想人们总是不诚实的,或不值得信任的,人们从不说实话,人们总是对一切都撒谎。在美国,有色人种们因此而认为生命很艰难。绝大多数的有色人种彼此不信任。当你把东西退回店里时他们会让你觉得很不自在。在这种情况下,中国人不相信这个人不得不去欺骗携带如此多的毒品。我被中国人欺骗了。所以我知道中国人在欺骗时是多么好。但那个欺骗这个英国人带如此多毒品的中国人却在新闻中只字未提。我想知道在他们身上发生了什么事情。

WOW! If this is not a racistrant I'll eat my hat! But then, China Bashing is the last opportunity for this kind of hate, is it not?
    Reply   Posted 03:30 PM on 12/29/2009

喔,如果这不是种族歧视,我就把我的帽子吃掉。可是,中国的打击是这种憎恨的最后一个机会,不是吗?

Your English is just fine. You have just demonstrated your stereotyping of "the Chinese."
You have taken quotes out of context, and used a broad brush interpretation based on race, which you choose to hide, and refer to it as culture. Therefore, it is more than your ignorance, it is overt.

Are there cultural differences? yes, indeed there are. But to paint coloured races, or the CXhinese as wont to lie is beyond the pale. Beyond the pale, as you may know, is a gout of Brit racism directed at the uncivilized and lawklless (according to them) of the Irish that did not live under British rule.

By all means check out the real issue here...

During the nineteenth century European states institutionalized extraterritoriality in non-Western countries through unequal treaties.
你的英文很好,你恰恰证明了你的对中国的陈旧的成见。
你断章取义,用你对种族的一刀切的理解,而且你将种族隐藏起来而指向文化。很明显,由此可见你是多么的愚昧。
有没有文化的差异呢?当然,的确有。但是要说有色人种,中国人常常被排除在这之外。也许你知道,这种排除是英国种族主义直接对于那些不在英国法律之下的不文明与落后的爱尔兰人的一种嗜好。
这些都事出有因:
在十九世纪欧洲邦国通过不平等的条约在非西方国家将治外法权制度化。

http://www.allacademic.com/meta/ ... 8/p72387_index.html

I know from first hand in a criminal investigation in China, that if he could have made a convincing case that he was duped, he would not have been executed.
    Reply   Posted 04:16 PM on 12/29/2009

我很清楚中国的刑事调查,如果他有证据能证明他的确是被骗,那他将不会受到处决。

----------------------评论分割线----------------------

When I was in law school, I took an international human rights class and learned several things. Among them that China had a dismal human rights record. Their idea of justice is a speedy trial and execution -- meaning, you have the trial and, if condemned to death, they take you out and shoot you immediately thereafter. Oh, and the family must pay for the bullet(s). I'm rather surprised that this British citizen was kept in prison for as long as he was rather than executed immediately.
It always bothered me that China was given Favored Nation Status with this kind of record. It also surprised me that, again, they were allowed to become a member of the U.N. Security Council. Then again, politics and the "you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours" mentality made all of that possible.
As an aside, I learned that as far as executions are concerned, Texas is (was?) second ONLY to Saudi Arabia, which is (was?) number 1 in the world. This article claims that China is number 1, so not sure how these three rank now. I live in Texas, by the way for those who might take offense, so I know we churn out the executions here like a revolving door.

我在法律学校的时候,我在一个国际人权班学到了一些事。他们认为中国有着很不光彩的权记录。他们的司法理念是速战速决-也就是说,有一个审判,如果被处以死刑,那他们就将立刻把你拉出去枪决。哦,那些家属还要付这些子弹的钱。我很惊讶于这个英国人被囚禁了这么久而不是立刻被毙了。
我很不明白为什么有着这种记录中国还能得到最惠国待遇。还令我吃惊的是,他们还居然是联合国安理会的成员之一。此外,政治和“以牙还牙”的心态使一切都变成可能。
作为一名局外人,我了解到只要处决被关注,相对于沙特来说德州将是第二个,谁是第一个呢?文章说中国将是这第一个。我不确信现在这个顺序是怎么排的,我生活在德州,通过那些想攻击德州的方法,所以我知道要做出处决现在就象是一个旋转门。

China has had an unusual past with Britain over drugs. When the communist regime had taken over, one of their first acts were to round up all opium users and execute them without trial. normally with a bullet in the back of the head.

中国有着与英国截然不同的过去,不仅仅在毒品上。当初共产主义政治制度占了上风时,他们第一个动作之一就是要围剿所有的鸦片吸食者并不经过审判就将他们处决,通常的作法就是对准他们的后脑勺来上一个枪子儿。

We need to stop buying their cheap crap. There are plenty of other semi-cheap goods producers that are mostly ethical. For example, some of the best shoes are made in Brazil, Romania, Spain (not as cheap), etc. I would much rather limit myself to one or 2 pairs of shoes per year and spend more for high quality shoes manufactured in countries where the gov't and people respect human rights or at least make genuine attempts to do so.
    Reply   Posted 12:32 PM on 12/29/2009
我们需要停止购买他们便宜的臭狗屎,有很多也算得上便宜的商品生产商,他们看上去更人道一些。比如说,最好的鞋很多来自巴西,罗马尼亚,西班牙(不只是便宜)等等。我宁可限制让我自己有高质量的鞋子每年一到两双,这些鞋子来自于那些政府和人民都尊重人仅或至少是真心在努力于此的国家。

Do it. Start with yourself. Shut your computer down. The majority of the components in your computer are from China.
Do it please. I beg you.
    Reply   Posted 12:35 PM on 12/29/2009
就从你开始吧,关上电脑,你电脑里的所有关键部件都来自于中国。
开始吧,求你。

They can be easily made anywhere else. It's corrupt government officials keeping us in these job-killing trade deals, not necessity.
    Reply   Posted 01:11 PM on 12/29/2009
他们可以容易地在任何地方制造,是腐败的政府官员让我们进入这种失业贸易中,并不是自然规律。

So basically you are scr*ew by your OWN government.
Go complaint to your Daddy and make change in your own backyard FIRST. Not China.
When you are in control of your own destiny, then you might have something to say. For now, you are just a farmed raised "battery" with only one purpose in life: keep the military complex happy (they need fresh bodies) and keep the top 1% happy (they need new suckers to keep the Wall Street Ponzi scheme going.).
  Reply   Posted 01:41 PM on 12/29/2009
所以,本质上说你就是你自己政府的一个螺钉。
去向你的爹地诉苦吧,先在你的后花园进行改变吧,而不是中国。
当你受控于你自己的命运,你也许想说点什么,拿现在来说,你只是一个经营上升的“电池”,你的唯一生活目的就是:让武装力量快活(他们需要新鲜的躯体),并保持百分之一的幸福感(他们需要新的寄生虫以保持华尔街庞氏骗局(指骗人向虚设的企业投资,以后来投资者的钱作为快速盈利付给最初投资者以诱使更多人上当)计划进行。

I already tried about 5 y ago and found it next to impossible. However, I was able to significantly cut back on the consumption of Chinese products. I buy from other, more reputable countries as much as possible. My phone is made in Singapore, the battery is made in Japan and finished in China. The shoes I am wearing right now are made in China, but everything else I am wearing was produced mostly in India and the USA. The majority of my shoes were mfg in Italy, Brazil, Romania, Argentina, etc. I also have some electronics from Germany.

It is possible to make a severe reduction or completely eliminate buying products from China!!! There are so many compelling reasons to do this, i.e. human rights violations, animal torturing, currency manipulation, etc.
Reply   Posted 01:42 PM on 12/29/2009
我已经在五年以前就尝试过,但发现只是下一个不可能。然而我已能做到明显地减少对中国产品的消费。我尽可能买其它的那些声誉更好的国家的产品。我的手机是新加坡的,电池是日本中国完成的。我现在穿的鞋子是中国制造的,但我身上其它所有的穿着多数是印度的和美国的。我的多数鞋子是意大利,巴西,罗马尼亚,阿根廷等制造的,我还有许多电子产品是德国。

严厉减少或完全淘汰采购中国产品不是没有可能!!有很多让人可以接受的原因来做到这一点:比如说侵犯人权,刑讯逼供,货币操控等等

China also lost 2 'Opium wars' with Great Britain between 1839 and 1860 were the Chinese Emperor tried to ban opium that the British were shipping in, this also led to Britain sending warships to make sure China complied. At the time the Britons saw noting wrong with this as opium was legal there and in Ireland.
    Reply   Posted 12:46 PM on 12/29/2009
中国已在1839和1860年两次失败于英国的“鸦片战争”,那时中国帝王想禁止英国运来的鸦片,这导致了英国派战舰来迫使中国屈服。那时英国人觉得在那里(中国)和英格兰鸦片是合法存在的,没有什么错误。

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 04:03 | 显示全部楼层
上面的這一段我看才是***們真實的想法吧!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 04:06 | 显示全部楼层
我已经在五年以前就尝试过,但发现只是下一个不可能。然而我已能做到明显地减少对中国产品的消费。我尽可能买其它的那些声誉更好的国家的产品。我的手机是新加坡的,电池是日本中国完成的。我现在穿的鞋子是中国制造的,但我身上其它所有的穿着多数是印度的和美国的。我的多数鞋子是意大利,巴西,罗马尼亚,阿根廷等制造的,我还有许多电子产品是德国。

严厉减少或完全淘汰采购中国产品不是没有可能!!有很多让人可以接受的原因来做到这一点:比如说侵犯人权,刑讯逼供,货币操控等等
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
呵呵,五年以前嘗試過,笑話,信不信哥們我可以一夜之間內永不再購買你們***生產的產皮,沒種的貨!!!!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 08:48 | 显示全部楼层
这就是我来AC的原因,对个人评论原汁原味的翻译,逛的几个论坛,还是AC比较严谨而有理想,幸苦了,各位英语达人们
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 10:11 | 显示全部楼层
我们是按照我们国家法律办事,不是他们的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 10:19 | 显示全部楼层
他们确实可以做到,如果不是中国商品无所不在,但大部分中国人还是在可选的情况下选择国外产品,嗯,虽然部分国产商品的确还有一些差距。。。这确实也很无奈
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 10:23 | 显示全部楼层
学习了。为什么他们总是不会换位思考呢?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 10:24 | 显示全部楼层
上面的這一段我看才是***們真實的想法吧!
勇三郎 发表于 2009-12-31 04:03

从各大报纸新闻来看,抱各种想法的人都有。我看得比较多的是bbc和卫报的读者评论。BBC读者评论支持处死毒贩、大骂戈登的占多数,卫报读者评论反对死刑、指责中国没有人权的占多数。
有意思的是,造成这种局面的原因和新闻的倾向也有关系。BBC引述戈登及谴责中国人士的言论,指责中国,引发读者不满;卫报则提到鸦片战争,对中国的做法表示理解,批评戈登等人不懂历史,反而引发读者反弹。
当然也可能是两报本身的一贯立场以及读者群的差异造成了这种局面。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 10:26 | 显示全部楼层
美国\欧盟人都不买中国货,让中国人也不要买他们生产的东西,让我们从此在所有的国家面前竖一道墙我们全都自我保护起来吧.什么贸易全球化,当美国和欧盟需要时就有贸易全球化,不要时就反过来宣传.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 10:35 | 显示全部楼层
中间还有一大段没有翻译啊!还有英语高人能多翻点么?看着有意思。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 10:45 | 显示全部楼层
这里是一个英国女毒贩在泰国的下场,半公斤海洛因,本来是死刑,因为在怀孕改无期。

http://www.hicktownpress.com/bri ... -squad-in-thailand/
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 10:46 | 显示全部楼层
支持 呵呵  谢谢翻译啊 呵呵
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 11:00 | 显示全部楼层
有些评论相当娱乐啊。。。期待更新翻译~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 11:15 | 显示全部楼层
支持一个~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 11:35 | 显示全部楼层
太明显了吧。
反对的声音一看就知道是来自一群无知的农民,思维僵化的没出过大门的老头老太,外加一些意图明显的所谓“反华人士”。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 11:46 | 显示全部楼层
看来外国人还有不少是明白人哈
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-12-31 12:04 | 显示全部楼层
从各大报纸新闻来看,抱各种想法的人都有。我看得比较多的是bbc和卫报的读者评论。BBC读者评论支持处死毒 ...
遥远的冬天 发表于 2009-12-31 10:24

英国的媒体也是分派系的,所以他们的受众自然也有派系。布朗这次的行为也不过是赌博,赌的是2010年的选票。自然而然,民众现在争论焦点更多集中在布朗身上...

主楼第一个文章是每日电讯报的,明显是反工党的,所以读者的评论多是批评布朗对中国的干涉,认为毒犯应该被处死。第二篇是博客文章,明显是亲工党的,读者评论批评中国的多一些。

所以有时候你会感觉很搞笑,很多话题都被政治化了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-31 12:19 | 显示全部楼层
要大选了,工党形势不妙,所以能炒就炒,反正已经这么惨了~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 22:27 , Processed in 0.054371 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.