[翻译完毕] 【2010.03.24英国泰晤士报】Eight children die in Chinese primary school massacre

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-3-25 23:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 seal 于 2010-3-25 23:31 编辑

Eight children die in Chinese primary school massacre
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article7072238.ece

March 24, 2010

Jane Macartney in Beijing

Eight children were killed and five seriously wounded when a former doctor brandishing a knife attacked pupils as they stood outside the gates to their school in southeasterern China yesterday morning.

Shouting “They won’t let me live, they are driving me mad. I won’t let anyone live”, the man grabbed at children waiting in line for the start of classes at the Nanping City Experimental Elementary School in Fujian province at 7.20am.

Within seconds the former doctor at a community clinic had stabbed to death eight children with a 10in (25cm) knife. Another five lay bleeding on the ground. Wounded children tried to crawl away and then fell as they tried to escape.

One woman had just dropped her son off at school and barely had time to turn round before he had been slashed to death by the attacker.

Cai Luyan, a teacher at the school, said: “The children had no way to defend themselves.”

Gan Guiping, a PE teacher, said: “The young lives just disappeared in front of my eyes…”

Three people, including a teacher and a local security guard, finally subdued the man, wrestling the knife from him, local television reported.

Most of the pupils were in the first to fourth grades and four of the dead were first-graders aged 7. Six were pronounced dead at the scene and two died in hospital.

Doctors were fighting to save the lives of the five wounded.

The man, identified only as Wu and aged 42, has been taken into custody. He had a history of mental illness, local media said.
The school was closed and the students were sent home.

Several attacks on schoolchildren have been reported across China in recent years, most by those with grievances or suffering from mental illness.

In 2007, 18 children under 7 and their teacher were wounded when a mentally ill man broke into their infant school wielding a wrench. A few months earlier, a nine-year-old boy was stabbed to death and three children wounded by a man who broke into a primary school armed with a kitchen knife.

In 2006, a man set fire to an infants' classroom, killing three children and injuring 14 people.

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-25 23:30 | 显示全部楼层
20100325_081852_wwwtimesonl.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-25 23:31 | 显示全部楼层
认领
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-26 00:01 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-23 08:21 , Processed in 0.051608 second(s), 29 queries , Gzip On.