只需一步,快速开始

楼主: ljandcyz2008

国学书库----- 现代人读《四书五经》---“论语”

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 11:26 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-夷狄之有君

子曰,“夷狄之有君,不如诸夏之亡也。”
孔子说,“落后的夷狄等部族虽有君主,还不如华夏一时没有君主哩。”
The Master said,"Even the Yis and Dis have regard for their sovereigns,unlike the various states of Xia,which have none."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-君子无所争

子曰,“君子无所争。必也射乎!揖让而升,下而饮。其争也君子。”
孔子说,“君子与人无争,如果有所争,那就是比赛射箭吧!互相作揖谦让后升堂比试,下堂来,罚输者饮酒。那种竞赛也属于君子之争。”
The Master said,"Gentlemen have nothing to contend for.If an exception must be cited,it is perhaps in archery.They cup their hands and yield the way to each other before ascending and descending.Then they drink.Even in contention,they are gentlemanly."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-巧笑倩兮

子夏问曰,“‘巧笑倩兮,眉目盼兮,素以为绚兮’,何谓也?”子曰,“绘事后素曰,“礼后乎?”子曰,“起予者商也!始可与言《诗》已矣。”
子夏问道,“‘妩媚的笑颜多么迷人呀,美丽的眸子更富神韵呀,好像洁白的质地上绘着图画啊’诗经上这三句是什么意思?”孔子说,“先画白描,然后添彩上色。”子夏说,“礼仪是产生在仁爱之后的吗?”孔子说,“能启发我的是子夏呀,现在可以跟你谈《诗经》了。”
Zi-xia asked,"'Dimpled are her charming smiles!Crystal-clear are her beautiful eyes!To a white ground are added colours bright.'What dose it mean?"The Master said,"Painting comes after a white ground."Zi-xia said,"So the rituals come after too?"The Master said,"Shang,you are the one to elucidate my ideas!I can begin to discuss Poetry with you now."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 11:32 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-夏礼,吾能言之

子曰,“夏礼,吾能言之,杞不足征也;殷礼,吾能言之,宋不足征也。文献不足故也。足,则吾能征之矣。”
孔子说,“夏代的礼,我能说明白,不过它的后代杞国不足以做证明;殷代的礼,我也能讲清楚,它的后代宋国不足以做证明。人证物证不足的缘故,若是文献充足,我就可以引以为证了。”
The Master said,"The rituals of Xia,I can discourse on them.I went to Qi,but they could not provide enough evidence.The rituals of the Yin,I can discours on them.I went to Song,but they could not provide enough evidence,either.That is because they did not have enough literature and worry men left.If they did,I would be able to prove it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-自既灌而往者

子曰,祶,自既灌而往者,吾不欲观之矣。”
孔子说,“鲁国举行天子的祭始祖大礼,我看到第一、二次献酒以后。就不想再看下去了。”
The Master said,"What comes after the first libation in the Di Sacrifice,I have no wish to observe."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-不知也

或问禘之说。子曰,“不知也;知其说者之于天下也,其如示诸斯乎!”指其掌。
有人问禘祭的道理。孔子说:“不知道,知道禘礼的人对于治理天下,恐怕就了如指掌了!”边说边指着自己的手掌。
Someone asked the purport of the Di Sacrifice.The Master said,"I do not know.He who knows its purport will find the affairs under Heaven as if displayed here."And he pointed at his plam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-祭如在

祭如在,祭神如神在。子曰,“吾不与祭,如不祭。”
祭祖先,好像祖先真在,祭鬼神,好像鬼神活现。孔子说,“我没有参与的祭思,如同没有祭祀一样。”
When offering sacrifices,he felt as if the spirits were present;when offering sacrifices to the gods,he felt as if the gods were present.The Master said,"If I did not participate in a sacrifice,it would be as if no sacrifice had been offered."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 11:36 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-媚于奥

王孙贾问曰,“‘与其美于奥,宁媚于灶’,何谓也?”子曰,“不然,获罪于天,无所祷也。”
王孙贾问道,“‘与其讨好屋子西南角的神,不如巴结灶王爷’,这两句话是什么意思?”孔子说,“这话不对,若是得罪了上天,向任何神祈祷也无济于事了。”
Wang-sun Jia asked,"It is better to flatter the Kitchen God than to flatter the Interior God.What does it mean?"
The Master said,"It is not so.If one has sinned against Heaven,there is no one to pary to."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-周监于二代

子曰,“周监于二代,郁郁乎文哉!吾从周。”
孔子说,“周朝的礼仪制度借鉴了夏、商两代,多么丰富齐备的文明制度啊!我遵从周礼。”
The Master said,"The Zhou,as compared with the tow previous dynasties,-how magnificent is its culture!I follow the Zhou!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-子入太庙

子入太庙,每事问。或曰,“孰谓鄹人之子知礼乎?入太庙,每问事。”子闻之,曰,“是礼也。”
孔子进了太庙,对每件事情都要问一问。有人便说,“谁说叔梁纥的儿子知礼呢?他进了太庙,事事都向别人请教。”孔子听到这番话后却说,“这正是知礼呀!”
When the Master entered The Founding Father`s Temple,he inquired about everying.Someone said,"Who says the son of the man of Zou Country knows the rituals?When he entered the Founding Father`s Temple,he inquired about everything."
The Master,on hearing this,said,"Such are the rituals."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 13:53 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-射不主皮

子曰,“‘射不主皮’,为力不同科,古之道也。”
孔子说,“比射箭,不一定穿透皮靶子,因为各人力气不同,这是古人行射礼的规矩。”
The Master said,"'Archery does not stress penetrating the hide.'For manual labor was divided into different levels.Such was the way of the ancients."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-尔爱其羊

子贡欲去告朔之饩羊。子曰,“赐也,尔爱其羊,我爱其礼。”
子贡欲免去每月初一告祭祖庙所用的活羊,孔子说,“对呀!你可惜那只活羊,我爱惜那种礼节。”
Zi-gong wanted to dispense with the raw sheep for the parayer ceremony on the first day of each moon.The Master said,"Ci,you grudge your sheep;I grudge my rituals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-事君尽礼

子曰,“事君尽礼,人以为诌也。”
孔子说,“服侍君主,一切依照臣下礼节行事,人们认为这是诌媚。”
The Master said,"He who serves the sovereign fully in conformity with the rituals is considered by others a flatterer."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 13:54 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-君使臣

定公问,“君使臣,臣事君,如之何?”孔子对曰,“军事臣以礼,臣事君以忠。”
鲁定公问道,“君主差使用臣下,臣下服侍君主,应该怎样做?”孔子回答,“君主应依礼差使臣下,臣下应忠诚服侍君主。”
Duke Ding asked,"The sovereign employing the officials,the officials serving the sovereign-how should it be done?"
The Master replied,"The sovereign should employ the officials in accordance with the rituals;the officials should serve the sovereign with loyalty."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-关睢

子曰,“《关睢》乐而不淫,哀而不伤。”
孔子说,“《关睢》这诗,欢快而不淫荡,悲哀而不伤感。”
The Master said,"The Melodious Chirping of the Fish Hawks is joyous but not wantonly so,melancholy but not injuriously so."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-哀公问社于宰我

哀公问社于宰我。宰我对曰,“夏后氏以松,殷人以柏,周人以栗。”子闻之,曰,“成事不说,遂事不谏,既往不咎。”
鲁哀公向宰我问,古代神社的木主,用的是什么木料。宰我说,“夏代用松木,殷代用柏木,周代用栗木,并说意思是民众害怕的站站栗栗。”孔子听了,说,“已成的事不再议论,结束的事不再谏阻,已经过去的事不再追究。”
When Duke Ai asked Zai Wo about the wooden table for the God of Eaeth,Zai Wo replied,"The Xia emperor used pine;the Yin sovereign used cypress;the Zhou sovereign used chestnut,meant to make the people tremble."
The Master,on hearing this,said,"What has been done,do not justify;what is irrevocable,do not dispute;what is past,do not censure."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 13:56 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-管仲之器小哉

子曰,“管仲之器小哉!”或曰,“管仲俭乎?”曰,“管氏有三归,官事不摄,焉得俭?”“然则管仲知礼乎?”曰,“邦君树塞门,管氏亦树塞门;邦君为两君之好,有反坫,管氏亦有反坫。管氏而知礼,孰不知礼?”
孔子说,“管仲的器量小啊!”就有人问,“管仲节俭吗?”孔子说,“观众占有三处豪宅,下边的官员从不兼职,怎么算的节俭呢?”“那么管仲懂礼吗?”孔子说,“国君在门外树立屏门,管仲门前也树立有屏门。国君为邀结外国的君主,在厅堂上建有放置酒具的反坫,管仲家也有反坫。管仲懂礼的话,谁还不懂礼?”
The Master said,"Guan Zhong`s capacity was small indeed!"
Someone said,"Guan Zhong was frugal,was he not?"
The Master said,"Guan Zhong had three households,and his house officers performed no additional duties other than their own.How could he be considered frugal?"
"However,Guan Zhong knew the rituals,did he not?"
The Master said,"The prince of the state had a screen wall erected;Guan Zhong,too,had a screen wall erected.The prince oe the state,in promoting amity with another,had an earthen stand for returning drinking vessels;Guan Zhong,too,had an earthen stand for returning drinking vessels.If Guan Zhong knew the rituals,who does not know the rituals?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-乐

子语鲁大师乐,曰,“乐其可知也;始作,翕如也;从之,纯入夜,皦如也,绎入夜,以成。”
孔子和鲁国大师谈论音乐演奏的道理,说,“音乐是可以懂得的,开始演奏热烈,展开时清纯和谐,接着,音乐精粹,节奏明朗清晰,旋律演绎延绵,最后以此成乐。”
The Master spoke to the Senior Music Master of Lu on musical performance,saying,"Musical performance is easy to understand;When it begins,it rises in stirring concert;when it goes into full swing,it is pure,distinct,and continuous until the final."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-仪封请见

仪封请见,曰,“君子之至于斯也,吾未尝不得见也。”从者见之。出曰,“二三子何患于丧乎?天下之无道也久矣,天将以夫子为木铎。”
仪邑的封疆官员请求见空子,说道,“凡到这里的君子,我从没有不见的。”跟随孔子的弟子请求孔子接见了他。他见过孔子后,出来说,“你们何必忧虑夫子失去官职呢,天下混乱无道已久,我看上天就要叫夫子出来做醒世的木铎,垂教世人,传播正道。”
The frontier warden of Yi Country requested and interview,saying,"Of all the gentlemen that visited this place,none has denied me an interview."Whereupon,the followers ushered him in.
On coming out,he said,"Gentlemen,why worry about the loss?Long indeed has the empire lost the Way!Heaven shall use the Master as a wooden bell."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:00 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-子谓《韶》

子谓《韶》,“尽美矣,又尽善也。”谓《武》,“尽美矣,未尽善也。”
孔子谈论《韶》乐时说,“美极了,又极尽完善了。”认为《武》月。“美极了,却未极完善。”
The Master said of The Succession,"Exceedingly beautiful!And exceedingly good!"He said of Military Exploits,"Exceedingly beautiful!But not exceedingly good."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-君上不宽

子曰,“君上不宽,为礼不敬,临丧不哀,吾何以观之哉?”
孔子说,“居于高位的人不宽宏大量,行礼的时候不严肃认真,参加丧礼的时候又不悲哀。这种样子,我怎么能看得下去呢?”
The Master said,"Seated on high,he is not lenient;performing the rituals,he is not reverent;confronting mourning,he is not griefstricken-How can I bear to look at all this!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-里仁为美

子曰,“里仁为美,择不处仁,焉得知?”
孔子说,“居家,选邻里有仁德知风为佳。选择住地,不在仁厚之处,怎能算得上聪明呢?”
The Master said,"To live among humane men is good.Not to live among humane men-how can one be considered wise?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-不仁者不可以久处约

子曰,“不仁者不可以久处约,不可以长处乐。仁者安人,知者利仁。”
孔子说,“没有仁德的人,不可以久处困境,也不可以长处安乐。有仁德的人自然地去行仁道,而聪明的人知道施仁道的利处。”
The Master said,"An inhumane man cannot long abide in privation,nor can he long abide in comfort.A humane man is at ease with humanity;a wise man benefits from humanity."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:07 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-惟仁者

子岳,“惟仁者能好人,能恶人。”
孔子说,“唯有仁人,能慎重地去爱人,严谨地去讨厌人。”
The Master said,"Only a humane man is capable of loving men,and capable of hating men."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-苟志于仁

子曰,“苟志于仁矣,无恶也。”
孔子说,“一个人如果能立志实行仁道,则有利而无害。”
The Master said,"If you bend your mind on humanity,you are free from evil."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-富与贵

子曰,“富与贵,是人之所欲也;不以其道得之,不处也。贫与贱,是人之所恶也;不以其道得之,不去也。君子区人,恶乎成名?君子无终食之间违仁,造次必于是,颠沛必于是。”
孔子说,“富与贵,是人们所欲求的,不用正当的办法得到,君子不会接受。贫与贱,是人们所厌恶的,不用正当的办法获得富贵,君子摆脱不了贫贱。君子离开人,怎能成名呢?君子永远与仁同在,仓促匆忙时如此,颠沛流离时也如此。”
The Master said,"Weahth and rank are what men desire:If you come by them undeservingly,you should not abide in them.Poverty and lowliness are what men loathe:If you come by them undeservingly,you should not abandon them.If a gentleman abandons humanity,how can he fulfill that name?A gentleman will not,for the space of a meal,depart from humanity.In haste and flurry,he always adheres to it;in fall and stumble,he always adheres to it."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:11 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-好仁者

子曰,“我未见好仁者,恶不仁者。好仁者,无以尚之;恶不仁者,其为人矣,不使不仁者加乎其身。有能一日用其力于仁哉乎?我未见力不足者。盖有之矣,我未之见也。”
孔子说,“我没有见到真正喜欢仁和真正厌恶不仁的人;喜欢仁的人,把仁看得高于一切;厌恶不仁的人,他对待仁,只是不让不仁的事沾染他。我没有见过有谁真有一天用力去行仁而力量不足的!也许有这样的人吧,但我从未见过。”
The Master said,"I have never seen anyone who loves humanity,nor one who hates inhumanity.One who loves humanity places nothing above it;one who hates inhumanity,in practicing humanity,never allows anyone inhumane to affect his person.Is there angone who can,for a single day,exert his energy on humanity?I have never seen any whose ability is insufficient.There may be such people;only I have not seen any."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-人之过

子曰,“人之过夜,各于其党。观过,斯知仁矣。”
孔子说,“人的过错与其品性、素质有关,各归其类,只要考察其过错,边克制这个人有没有仁德了。”
The Master said,"People`sfaults may be related to their respective kind.In observing faults,you get to know the man."

现代人读“论语”-朝闻道

子曰,“朝闻道,夕死可矣!”
孔子说,“早晨悟得真理仁道,即使当晚死去也是值得的。”
The Master said,"If,in the morning,I should hear about the Way,in the evening,I would die contented!"
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:13 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-士志于道

子曰,“士志于道,而耻恶衣恶食者,未足与议也。”
孔子说,“求知者立志于仁义之道,却又以粗衣糙食为羞,这样的人怎么值得和他论道呢。”
The Master said,"One who aspires after the Way but is ashamed of poor clothes and poor food is not worth discoursing with."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-君子之于天下

子曰,“君子之于天下也,无适也,无莫也,义之与比。”
孔子说,“君子对天下的任何是不分亲疏,无论厚薄,只要符合道义就依次行事。”
The Master said,"The gentleman,in his attitude toward all under heaven,neither favors anyone nor disfavors anyone.He keeps close to whoever is righteous."

现代人读“论语”-君子怀德

子曰,“君子怀德,小人怀土,君子怀刑,小人怀惠。”
孔子说,“君子注重道德修养,小人贪图土地房屋;君子关心刑律治法,小人考虑恩惠得失。”
The Master said,"The gentleman cherishes virtue;the small man cherishes land.The gentleman cherishes instituions;the small man cherishes favors."
发表于 2008-7-3 14:14 | 显示全部楼层

英文我看不懂,惭愧呀!

君子食无求饱,居无求安,敏于事而慎于言,就有道而正焉,可谓好学也已。”

=================================================

若能有我师面授,则幸甚.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:15 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-放于利而行

子曰,“放于利而行,多怨。”
孔子说,“做事唯利是图,必招众多怨恨。”
The Master said,"Acting solely in pursuit of porfit will incur much resentment."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-礼让为国

子曰,“能以礼让为国乎?何有!不能以礼让为过,如礼何?”
孔子说,“能以礼让来治国吗?这有什么困难呢!不能以礼让来治国,那将怎样对待礼呢?”
The Master said,"If you can govern a state with courtesy and deference,what difficulty do you have in conducting state affairs?If you cannot govern a state with courtesy and deferene,what can you do with the rituals?"

现代人读“论语”-不患无位

子曰,“不患无位,患所以立。不患莫己知,求为可知也。”
孔子说,“不愁没有职位,只愁没有任职的本领。不怕没有人了解自己,但求有值得别人认可的真才实学。”
The Master said,"Do not worry about having no title;rather,worry about weather you deserve to stand in that title.Do not worry about nobody knowing you;rather,seek to be worth knowing."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:17 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-吾道一以贯之

子曰,“参乎!吾道一以贯之。”曾子曰,“唯。”子出,门人问月,“何谓也?”曾子曰,“夫子之道,忠恕而已矣。”
孔子说,“曾参呀,我讲的仁道贯穿着一个基本思想。”曾子说,“是的。”孔子出去后,学生们问道,“这是什么意思?”曾子说,“夫子的仁道就是忠、恕罢了。”
The Master said,"Well,Master Zeng,my Way is threaded together in one string."
Master Zeng said,"Right."
When the Master went out,the pupils asked,"What did he mean?"
Master Zeng said,"The Master`s Way consists in wholeheated sincerity and like-hearted considerateness,that is all."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-君子喻于义

子曰,“君子喻于义,小人喻于利。”
孔子说,“君子通晓大义,小人懂得私利。”
The Master said,"The gentleman is conversant with righteousness;the small man is conversant with profit."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-见贤思齐

子曰,“见贤思齐焉,见不贤而内自省也。”
孔子说,“见到贤者,应该想向他看齐,见到不贤者,便应从内心自我反省。”
The Master said,"On seeing a worthy man,think of equaling him;on seeing an unworthy man,exameine yourself inwardly."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:19 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-事父母

子曰,“事父母几谏,见志不从,又敬不违,劳而不怨。”
孔子说,“侍奉父母,如果他们有过失,要婉言劝阻。如果父母不听,也要恭恭敬敬,不加违抗,虽因此担忧但不要抱怨。”
The Master said,"In serving your parents,be gentle in remonstration.Seeing that they are not inclined to agree,remain reverent,and do not disobey them.Though weary,do not feel resentful."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-父母在

子岳,“父母在,不远游,游必有方。”
孔子说,“父母在世,不出远门,若出远门,要让父母知道。”
The Master said,"When your parents are alive,do not travel far.If you do travel,be sure to have a regular destination."

现代人读“论语”-三年无改于父之道

子曰,“三年无改于父之道,可谓孝矣。”
孔子说,“三年不改变父亲的为人准则,便可说履行孝道了。”
The Master said,"If,for three years,a man does not change his farther`s Way,he may be said to be filial."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:21 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-父母之年

子曰,“父母之年,不可不知也;一则以喜,一则以惧。”
孔子说,“父母的年纪,作子女的不可不知道,一来知其长寿而高兴,二来为其衰老而担忧。”
The Master said,"Your parents`age you must remember in mind;on the one hand,with joy;on the other,with anxiety."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-古者言之不出

子曰,“古者言之不出,耻躬之不逮也。”
孔子说,“古代的君自从不轻易地发表言态,这是怕说到做不到而感到羞耻。”

The Master said,"The reason that the ancients would not speak words without thinking,because they thought it shameful not to live up to them."

现代人读“论语”-以约失之者

子曰,“以约失之者鲜矣。”
孔子说,“因为约束自己而失误的人,是很少的。”
The Master said,"Those who err through self-restraint are rare indeed."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:24 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-讷于言

子曰,“君子欲讷于言而敏于行。”
孔子说,“君子要求说话慎重谨慎,做事敏捷勤快。”
The Master said,"The gentleman wishes to be slow in speech but quick in action."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-德不孤

子曰,“德不顾,必有邻。”
孔子说,“有道德的人不会孤单,必定会有志同道合的人。”
The Master said,"The virtuous are not solitary.They surely have neighbors."

现代人读“论语”-事君数

子游曰,“事君数,斯辱矣;朋友数,斯疏矣。”
子游说,“侍奉君子,频繁谏阻,就会招惹侮辱;结交朋友,频繁劝告,就会导致疏远。”
Zi-you said,"Serving the sovereign intimately brings humiliation;associating with friends with intimately brings alienation."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:29 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-可妻也

子谓公冶长,“可妻也,虽在缧绁中,非其罪也”,以其子妻之。
孔子谈到公冶长说,“可以把女儿嫁给他。他虽曾坐过牢,却是无辜的”。便把自己的女儿嫁给了他。
The Master said of Gong-Ye Chang,"He deserves to be wived.Although once bound in black rops,he was not guilty of the crime."So he gave his daughter to him in marriage

现代人读“论语”-邦有道不废

子谓南容,“邦有道不废,邦无道免于刑戮”,以其兄之子妻之。
孔子谈到南容时说,“在国家政治清明时,不会遭废弃,在国家政治混乱时,也不至招祸受刑罚”,于是就把自己的侄女嫁给了他。
The Master said of Nan Rong,"When the state possessed the Way,he was not cast out of office;when the state lost the Way,he was exempt from punishment and slaying."So he gave his elder brother`s daughter to him in marriage

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-君子哉若人

子谓子贱,“君子哉若人!鲁无君子者,斯焉取斯?”
孔子评论宓子贱说,“这人是真君子啊!鲁国如果没有君子,这样的优良品德从哪儿汲取的呢?”
The Master said of Zi-jian,"What a gentleman that man is!However,if there were no gentlemen in Lu,where could he have acquired all that?"
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:32 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-赐也如何

子贡问曰,“赐也如何?”子曰,“女,器也。”曰,“何器也?”曰,“瑚琏也。”
子贡问道,“我是怎样的人呢?”孔子说,“你成器了。”子贡说,“成什么器了呢?”孔子说,“宗庙里盛粮食得瑚琏是贵重的器具。”
Zi-gong asked,"What do you think of me?"
The Master said,"You are a utensil."
Zi-gong said,"What utensil?"
The Master said,"A precious bowl."

现代人读“论语”-子使漆雕开仕

子使漆雕开仕。对曰,“吾斯之知未能信。”子说。
孔子让漆雕开去做官,他却推辞道,“我对做官还没有信心。”孔子听了很高兴。
When the Master asked Oi-diao Kai to take office,the latter replied,"Of that I am not very confident yet."
The Master was pleased.

现代人读“论语”-雍也仁而不佞

或曰,“雍也仁而不佞。”子曰,“焉用佞?御人以口给,屡憎于人,不知其仁,焉用佞?”
有人说,“冉雍有人德却不会说道。”孔子说,“能说会道有什么用呢?巧嘴利舌地与人争辩,常常被人厌恶。他有没有仁德,我不清楚,但何必要能说会道呢?”
Someone said,"Yong is humane but not eloquent."
The Master ssaid,"What dose he need eloquence for?To confront people with a glib tongue often makes them detest you.I do not know about his being humane,but what does he need eloquence for?"
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:37 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-道不行

子曰,“道不行,乘桴浮于海。从我者,其由与?”子路闻之喜。子曰,“由也好勇过我,无所取材。”
孔子说,“我的主张行不通了,就乘坐木筏漂流到海外去,愿跟随我去的人,大概只有仲由吧。”子路听了很高兴。孔子说,“仲由确实很勇敢,好勇之精神超过了我,但就是不知道如何剪裁自己。”
The Master said,"If the Way shoule fail to prevail,I would board a raft and float to sea.The one to follow me would probably be Zi-lu.
Zi-lu,on hearing this,was pleased.
The Master said,"Zi-lu is braver than I,but that is not something to recommend him

现代人读“论语”-十室之邑

子曰,“十室之邑,必有忠信如丘焉,不如丘之好学也。”
孔子说,“即使在一个仅有十户人家的小村子里,也一定有象我这样忠厚信实的人,只是不如我喜欢学习罢了。”
The Master said,"Even a ten-household hamlet must have wholehaertedly sincere truthful people like me,maybe not as fond of learning as I am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-孟武伯问子路仁乎

孟武伯问子路仁乎?子曰,“不知也。”又问。子曰,“由也,千乘之国,可使治其赋也,不知其仁也。”“求也如何?”子曰,“求也,千室之邑,百乘之家,可使为之宰也,不知其仁也。”“赤也如何?”子曰,“赤也,束带立于朝,可使与宾客言也,不知其仁也。”

孟武伯问子路是否有仁德。孔子说,“不知道。”他又追问,孔子说,“仲由这个人,如果有一千辆兵车的国家,可让他去管理军务。至于他有没有仁德我不晓得。”孟武伯说,“冉求怎么样呢?”孔子说,“求这个人,千户居民的城邑、百乘兵车的大夫封地,可让他当总管,他又无仁德,我不知道。”孟武伯说,“公西赤怎么样呢?”孔子说,“赤这个人,穿着礼服,立于朝廷之上,可让他接待宾客,参与外交。至于他有没有仁德,我不知道。”

Meng Wu-bo asked,"Is Zi-lu humane?"
The Master said,"I do not know."
When he asked again,the Master said,"Zi-lu is one who,in a thousand-chariot state,may be engaged to command its army.I do not know about his being humance."
"What about Qiu?"
The Master said,"Qiu is one who,in a thousand-household county or a hundred-chariot fief,may be engaged to be its magistrate.I do not know about his being humane."
"What about Chi?"
The Master said,"Chi is one who,standing in court with a fastened sash,may be engaged to converse with guests of state.I do not know about his being humane."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:40 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-女与回也孰愈

子谓子贡曰,“女与回也孰愈?”对曰,“赐也何敢望回?回也闻一以知十,赐也闻一以知二。”子曰,“弗如也,吾与女弗如也。”
孔子对子贡说,“你和颜回比哪个更强些?”子贡答道,“我怎么敢和颜回相比呢?颜回能闻一知十,我只能闻一知二。”孔子说,“不如啊,我和你都不如啊!”
The Master said to Zi-gong,"Between you and Hui,which is superior?"
Zi-gong replied,"How dare I compare with Hui?Hui hears one thing and thereby knows ten.I haer one thing and thereby know tow."
The Master said,"You are not his equal.I agree with you:I am not his equal."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-朽木不可雕

宰予昼寝。子曰,“朽木不可雕也,粪土之墙不可圬也,于予与何诛?”子曰,“始吾与人也,听其言而信其行;今吾与人也,听其言而观其行。于予与改是。”

宰予白天睡大觉。孔子说,“腐朽的木头不能雕琢,污秽的土墙不能粉刷,对于宰予不值得责备呀。”孔子又说,“起初我对他人,听其言谈,而相信其行为;现在我对他人,不仅听他的谈话,还要观察他的行为。因为宰予的教训改变了我的态度。”
Zai Yu slept during the day.The Master said,"Rotten wood is beyond carving;a dung-and-mud wall is beyond plastering.As for Yu,what is the use of reprimanding him?"
The Master said,"At first,my attitude toward men was to hear their words and believe in their deeds.Now my attitude toward men is to hear their words and observe their deeds.It was due to Yu that I have changed this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-吾未见刚者

子曰,“吾未见刚者。”或对曰:“申枨。”子曰,“枨也欲,焉得刚?”
孔子说,“我未见过刚强不屈的人。”有人答到,“申枨。”孔子说,“申枨私欲太重,怎么能做到刚强不屈呢?”
The Master said,"I have never seen a steady man."
Someone said,"There is Shen Cheng."
The Master said,"Cheng is lustful.How could he be steady?"
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-17 18:36 , Processed in 0.044198 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On.