只需一步,快速开始

楼主: ljandcyz2008

国学书库----- 现代人读《四书五经》---“论语”

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:43 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-己所不欲

子贡曰,“我不欲人之加诸我也,吾亦欲无加诸人。”子曰,“赐也,非尔所及也。”
子贡说,“我不希望他人强加于我,我也不愿去强加于他人。”孔子说,“赐啊,这不是你所能做到的

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-得而闻

子贡曰,“夫子之文章,可得而闻也;夫子之言性与天道,不可得而闻也。”
子贡说,“夫子关于文献方面的学问,我们是有机会听到和学到的,夫子讲的人性雨天道,我们却不容易听到了。”
Zi-gong said,"The Master`s cultural accomplishments-we get to hear them,but the Master`s ideas on human nature and the Way of Heaven-we hardly get to hear them

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-唯恐有闻

子路有闻未知能行,唯恐有闻。
子路听到一个道理,若还未能实行,生怕又听到新的道理。
When Zi-lu heard something and had not been able to practice it as yet,he was apprensive that he might hear something else
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:45 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-谓之文

子贡问曰,“孔文子何以谓之文也?”子曰,“敏而好学,不耻下问,是以谓之文也。”
子贡问道,“孔文子为什么谥为‘文’呢?”孔子说,“聪明好学,居上位而不耻于向下求教,故以‘文’字为谥号。”
Zi-gong asked,"Why was Kong Wen-zi called ’Wen’?"
The Master said,"Intelligent and fond of learning,not ashamed to consult his inferiors-that is why he was called ’Wen’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-子谓子产

子谓子产,“有君子之道四焉:其行己也恭,其事上也敬,其养民也惠,其使民也义。”
孔子评论子产说,“他具有四项君子的处事准则:自身行为谦虚谨慎,侍奉君主恭敬有礼,养育人民恩惠兼施,使役百姓公正合理。”
The Master said of Zi-chan,"He possessed four virtues of the gentleman`s Way:he conducted himself respectfully;he served the sovereign reverently;he provided for the people beneficently;he employed the people reasonably."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-久而敬之

子曰,“晏平仲善于人交,久而敬之。”
孔子说,“焉平仲善于与人交往,结交时间越久,别人越发敬重他。”
The Master said,"Yan Ping-zhong was good at making friends.Years later,they still revered him."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:48 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-藏文仲居蔡

子曰,“藏文仲居蔡,山节藻棁,何如其知也?”
孔子说,“藏文仲建立的龟室,画栋雕梁,这怎么能说是聪明人呢?”
The Master said,"Zeng Wen-zhong housed Cai in a hall with hills carved on the brackers of its capitals and aquatic plants painted on the columns of his beams.What do you think of his wisdom?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-三思而后行

季文子三思而后行。子闻之,曰,“再,斯可矣。”
季文子每件事都要再三考虑之后才行动。孔子听到后,说,“考虑两次就够了。”
Ji Wen-zi contemplated thrice before acting.The Master,on hearing this,said,"Twice was enough."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-邦有道

子曰,“甯武子,邦有道,则知;邦无道,则愚。其知可及也,其愚不可及也。”
孔子说,“甯武子这个人,国家太平时,显露其聪明才智,国家昏暗无道时,便佯装愚笨。他的聪明,别人能做得到,他的愚笨,别人却做不到了。”
The Master said,"Ning Wu-zi-when the state possessed the Way,he was wise;when the state lost the Way,he was stupid.His wisdom can be emulated,but his stupidity cannot be emulated."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:51 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-子在陈

子在陈,曰,“归与!归与!吾党之小子狂简,斐然成章,不之所以裁之。”
孔子在陈国,说,“回去吧!回去吧!我留在鲁国的弟子们志大而富有进取心,道德文章,有都斐然可观,只是不知道如何裁度矫正自己哩!”
The Master,when in chen,said,"Let us go home!Let us go home!Our young people at home are high-minded,simple,and endowed with brilliant talents.They do not know how to cut them."

现代人读“论语”-不念旧恶

子曰,“伯夷、叔齐不念旧恶,怨是用希。”
孔子说,“伯夷、叔齐两兄弟不计前嫌,所以怨恨他们的人也就少了。”
The Master said,"Bo-yi and Sgu-qi never bore old grudges,resentment was therefore little."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-孰谓微生高直

子曰,“孰谓微生高直?或乞醯焉,乞诸其邻而与之。”
孔子说,“谁说微生高这人直爽呢?有人向他借点醋,他说没有,转而向邻居那儿借来给人家。”
The Master said,"Who said Wei-sheng Gao was straightforward?When someone begged some vinegar of him,he begged some of his neighbour and gave it to the man."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:52 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-巧言、令色

子曰,“巧言、令色、足恭,左丘明耻之,丘亦耻之。匿怨而友其人,左丘明耻之,丘亦耻之。”
孔子说,“花言巧语、和颜悦色、屈膝卑恭,这种态度,左丘明认为可耻,我也认为可耻。隐匿怨恨而佯装友好,左丘明认为可耻,我也觉得可耻。”
The Mastersaid,"Sweet words,a pleasing countenance,and excessive respectfulness-Zuo-qiu Ming deems it shameful;I also deem it shameful.To conceal one`s resentment against a person and befriend him-Zuo-qiu Ming deems it shameful;I also deem it shameful."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-各言而志

颜渊、季路侍。子曰,“盍各言而志?”子路曰,“愿车马、衣裘与朋友共,敝之而无憾。”颜渊曰,“愿无伐善,无施劳。”子路曰,“愿闻子之志。”子曰,“老者安之,朋友信之,少者怀之。”

颜回和子路侍立在孔子身边。孔子说,“何不各自谈谈自己的志向。”子路说,“我愿意把车马、衣裘与朋友共享,用坏了也不抱怨。”颜回说,“我希望不夸耀长处,不表白自己的功劳。”子路说,“愿听听老师的志向。”孔子说,“使老人得到安了,是朋友得到信任,使年轻人受到关怀。”
When Yan Yuan and Zi-lu were in attendance,the Master said,"Why do you not each speak your aspirations?"
Zi-lu said,"I wish to share my carriage,horses,clothes,and furs with my friends and wear them out without regret."
Yan Yuan said,"I wish never to brag about my merits,nor to parade my achievements."
Zi-lu said,"We should like to hear your aspirations,sir."
The Master said,"I wish to comfort the old,be truthful to friends,and cherish the young."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:54 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-已矣乎

子曰,“已矣乎,吾未见能见其过而内自讼者也。”
孔子说,“算了吧!我从未见过能发现自己的过失而在内心自责的人。”
The Master said,"Oh,it is all over!I have never seen anyone who can,on seeing his own fault,inwardly reprove himself."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-可使南面

子曰,“雍也可使南面。”
孔子说,“冉雍这个人,可让他治理一国。”
The Master said,"Yong could be made to sit facing due south."

现代人读“论语”-仲弓问子桑伯子

仲弓问子桑伯子。子曰,“可简也。”仲弓曰,“居敬而行简,以临其民,不亦乐乎?居简而行简,无乃大简乎?”子曰,“雍之言然。”
仲弓询问子桑伯子其人。孔子说,“处事简要。”仲弓说,“居心庄重而处事简约,以次来管理民众,不也可以吗?态度马虎而处事简约,不是太简单了吗?”孔子说,“你说得对。”
When Zhong-gong asked about Zi-sang Bo-zi,the Master said,"He is commendable for being simple."
Zhong-gong said,"To conduct himself with reverence and discharge his duties with simplicity in presiding over the people is commendable,is it not?However,to conduct himself with simplicity and dischange his duties with simplicity,is it not overly simple?"
The Master said,"Yong,your remarks are correct."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 14:56 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-孰为好学

哀公问,“弟子孰为好学?”孔子对曰,“有颜回者好学,不迁怒,不贰过。不幸短命死矣。今也则亡,未闻好学者也。”
鲁哀公问道,“门徒中哪个好学?”孔子答道,“有个叫颜回的好学,不迁怒与人,不重犯过错,不幸短命早逝。现今没有这样的人了,未听说谁最好学。”
Duke Ai asked,"Which of your disciples loves learning?"
The Master replied,"There was one Yan Hui,who loved learning.He never raised his anger or repeated a mistake.Unfortunately,he died young.Now there is none.I heard of any who loves learning."

现代人读“论语”-君子周急不继富

子华使于齐,冉子为其母请粟。子曰,“与之釜。”请益。曰,“与之庾。”冉子与之粟五秉。子曰,“赤之适齐也,乘肥马,衣轻裘。吾闻之也,君子周急不继富。”
公西华出使齐国,冉有替他母亲向孔子请求补助些小米。孔子说,“给他六斗四升。”冉有要求多些。孔子说,“再给他二斗四升。”冉有却给了他八十石米。孔子说,“公西华去齐国,乘坐状马驾驶的豪华车辆,穿着轻柔暖和的皮袍。我听说,君子济贫不济富。”
When Zi-hua was dispatched as an envoy to Qi,Master Ran,on behalf of his mother,requested some millet.
The Master said,"Give him a fu."
When requested to add some,the Master said,"Give him a yu."
Master Ran gave him five bing of millet.
The Master said,"When Chi departed for Qi,he rode a fat horse and wore a soft fur robe.I hear it:’The gentleman relieves the hardpressed;he dose not add to the rich.’

现代人读“论语”-原思为之宰

原思为之宰,与之粟九百,辞。子曰,“毋,以与尔邻里乡党乎!”
原思担任孔子家的总管,孔子给他小米九百斗,原思推辞不收。孔子说,“别,拿去给你的邻里乡亲吧!”
When Yuan Si served as his magistrate,the Master gave him nine hundred millet.Yuan Si declined.
The Master said,"Don`t!Give it to your neighbors and countrymen."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:00 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-山川其舍诸

子谓仲弓,曰,“犁牛之子骍且角,虽欲勿用,山川其舍诸?”
孔子谈到仲弓时说,“耕牛的牛犊毛色纯赤而且牛角端正,即使不想用于祭祀,山川之神难道会放弃它吗?”
The Master,speaking about Zhong-gong,said,"A plough-ox`s calf,with red hide and well-shaped horns-even though men might not want to use it,would the mountains and rivers abandon it?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-三月不违仁

子曰,“回也,其心三月不违仁,其余则日月至焉而已矣。”
孔子说,“颜回这个人啊,他的内心可以三个月不背离仁德,其他人少则一天,多则一个月也就罢了。”
The Master said,"Hui is one whose heart,for three moons on end,does not depart from humanity.The rest can only reach this once a day or once a moon,that is all."

现代人读“论语”-从政

季康子问,“仲由可使从政也与?”子曰,“由也果,于从政乎何有?”曰,“赐也可使从政也与?”“赐也达,于从政乎何有”曰,“求也可使从政也与?”曰,“求也艺,于从政乎何有?”
季康子问道,“能让仲由从政吗?”孔子说,“仲由刚毅决断,从政有何不可呢?”季康子说,“能让端木赐从政吗?”孔子说,“赐通情达理,从政有何不可呢?”季康子问道,“能让冉求从政吗?”孔子说,“冉求多才多艺,从政有何不可呢?”
Ji Kang-zi asked,"Can Zhong Iou be engaged to conduct state affairs?"
The Master said,"Iou is resolute.In conducting state affairs,what difficulty does he have?"
Ji Kang-zi asked,"Can Ci be engaged to conduct state affairs?"
The Master said,"Ci is perceptive.In conducting state affairs,what difficulty does he have?"
Ji Kang-zi asked,"Can Qiu be engaged to conduct state affairs?"
The Master said,"Qiu is versatile.In conducting state affairs,what difficulty does he have?"
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:03 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-善为我辞

季氏使闵子骞为费宰。闵子骞曰,“善为我辞焉,如有复我者,则吾必在汶上矣。”
季氏让闵子骞党费邑的长官。闵子骞对使者说,“好好地为我推辞吧。如果再来召我,那我一定逃到汶水以北去了。”
When Ji Shi sent for Min Zi-qian to serve as magistrate of Fei,Min Zi-qiansaid,"Tactfully apologize for me.If he sends for me again,I will surely be north of River Wen."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-伯牛有疾

伯牛有疾,子问之,自牖执其手,曰,“亡之,命矣夫!斯人也而有斯疾也!斯人也而有斯疾也!”
冉伯牛病势垂危,孔子前去慰问他,从窗口握着他的手叹息,“完了,真乃命里注定啊!是天命啊!这样的人却得了这样的重病!这样品德好的人却得了这样的重病!”
When Bo-niu was sick,the Master went to inquire after his disease and held his hand from outside the window.
The Master said,"We shall lose him.It is fated!Oh,that such a man should have contracted such a disease!Oh,that such a man should have contracted such a disease!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-不改其乐

子曰,“贤哉,回也!一箪食,一瓢饮,在陋巷,人不堪其忧,回也不改其乐。贤哉,回也!”
孔子说,“颜回品德真好呀!一箪饭食,一瓢饮水,住在一条陋巷里。别人禁受不住那种穷苦的忧愁,而颜回却自得其乐。颜回多么有修养呀!”
The Master said,"How worthy Hui is!Eating out of a bamboo container,drinking out of a gourd ladle,and living in a narrow shack-others would be utterly dejected,but Hui never alters his delight.How worthy Hui is!"
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:04 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-力不足

冉求曰,“非不说子之道,力不足也。”子曰,“力不足者,中道而废,今女画。”
冉求说,“我并非不喜欢您的仁道,而是心有余而力不足。”孔子说,“能力不足者半途而废,现今你却化界自限,能进不动啊。”
Ran Qiu said,"Not that I do not like your Way,sir,but that my ability is insufficient."
The Master said,"Those whose ability is insufficient give up halfway.Now you have drown a halting line."

现代人读“论语”-女为君子儒

子谓子夏曰,“女为君子儒,无为小人儒!”
孔子对子夏说,“你要做君子式的儒者,不要做孝人式的儒者。”
The Master said,"You be a schlar after the style of the gentleman and not that of the small-man."

现代人读“论语”-子游为武城宰

子游为武城宰。子曰,“女得人焉得乎?”曰,“有澹台灭明者,行不由径,非公事,未尝至于偃之室也。”
子游当了武城邑的休县令。孔子说,“你在那里发现人才了吗?”子游说,“有个叫澹太灭明的人,行路不抄捷径,非公事不来我处。”
When Zi-you served as Magistrate of Wu City,the Master ssaid,"Have you found any goodmen?"
Zi-you said,"There is one Dan-tai Mie-ming,who,when walking,never takes a short cut and,except on official business,never comes to my house."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:09 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-孟之反不伐

子曰,“孟之反不伐。奔而殿,将入门,策其马,曰,‘非敢后也,马不进也。’”
孔子说,“孟之反不夸耀自己。他在败退时主动殿后掩护,快儒城门时,鞭打着自己的马说,‘不是我胆敢断后,是马不肯走。’”
The Master said,"Meng Zhi-fan never brags.In a rout,he brought up the rear.About to enter the city gate,he whipped his house,saying,’Not that I dared to bring up the rear,but that my horse refused to make headway.’"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-难乎免于今之世

子曰,“不有祝舵之佞,而有宋朝之美,难乎免于今之世矣。”
孔子说,“没有祝舵的口才,仅有宋朝的美貌,要想避免当今世上的灾祸就难了。”
The Master said,"He who possesses neither Zhu Tuo`s eloquence nor Song Chao`s good looks willfind it difficult to be immune from the perils of today`s world."

现代人读“论语”-出不由户

子曰,“谁能出不由户?何莫由斯道也?”
孔子说,“谁能进出房屋而不经由门户?为什么没人行径仁之大道呢?”
The Master said,"Who can you go out without passing through the doorway?How is it that no one will follow this Way?"
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:11 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-君子

子曰,“质胜文则野,文胜质则史。文质彬彬,然后君子。”
孔子说,“质朴胜于文采就粗野,文采胜于质朴就浮华。文采、质朴兼备,才是君子。”
The Master said,"When simplicity surpasses refinement.one is a rustic;when refinement surpasses simplicity,one is a scribe.Only when refinement and simplicity are well blended can one become a gentleman."

现代人读“论语”-人之生也直

子曰,“人之生也直,亡之生也幸而免。”
孔子说,“人能生存、成长在于正直、有德;歪门邪道的人活着,不过市郊幸免于祸患罢了。”
The Master said,"That man lives owes to uprightness;that a crooked man lives with impunity owes to sheer luck."

现代人读“论语”-知之者不如好知者

子曰,“知之者不如好知者,好知者不如乐知者。”
孔子说,“对任何事,求知的人不如喜爱的人,喜爱的人不如自得其乐的人。”
The Master said"Those who know it are not comparable to those who love it;those who love it are not comparable to those who delight in it."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:14 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-可以语上

子曰,“中人以上,可以语上也;中人以下,不可以语上也。”
孔子说,“中等水平以上的人可以谈论高深的道理,中等水平以下的人不可以告诉高深的道理。”
The Master said,"To people above average,one can impart higher things;to people average,one cannot impart higher things."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-樊迟问知

樊迟问知。子曰,“务民之义,敬鬼神而远之,可谓知矣。”问仁。曰,“仁者先难而后获,可谓仁矣。”
樊迟询问怎样才算明智。孔子说,“尽心尽力引导人民走上正道,尊敬鬼神却远离它,就算是明智了。”
又问,怎样才算人。孔子说,“有仁德的人吃苦在前,收获在后,这可以说是仁人了。”
When Fan Chi asked about wisdom,the Master said,"To apply oneself to the duties of man and,while revering the spirits and gods,to keep away from them-this may be called wisdom."
When he asked about humanity,the Master said,"A man of humanity places hard work before reward.This may be called humanity."

现代人读“论语”-知者乐水

子曰,“知者乐水,仁者乐山;知者动,仁者静。知者乐,仁者寿。”
孔子说,“聪明的爱水,仁德的人爱山;聪明的人好动,仁德的人好静;聪明的人快乐,仁德的人长寿。”
The Master said,"The man of wisdom delights in water;the man of humanity delights in mountains.The man of wisdom is active;the man of humanity is still;The man of wisdom is happy;the man of humanity is long-lived."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:18 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-齐一变

子曰,“齐一变,至于鲁;鲁一变,至于道。”
孔子说,“齐国一经变革,就达到鲁国的水平,鲁国一经改革,就能走上仁义大道。”
The Master said,"Qi,once transformed,would reach the state of Lu;Lu,once transformed,would reach the Way."

现代人读“论语”-觚哉

子曰,“觚不觚,觚哉!觚哉!”
孔子说,“觚不像觚,这还算觚吗?还能称其觚吗?”
The Master said,"A gu is no longer a gu?Is this a gu!Is this a gu?"

现代人读“论语”-君子可逝

宰我问曰,“仁者,虽告之曰,‘井有仁焉。’其从之也?”子曰,“何为其然也?君子可逝也,不可陷也:可欺也,不可罔也。”
宰予问道,“假如告诉仁人说,‘井里掉进人啦!’他会跳下去吗?”孔子说,“为什么会那样呢?君子会去救人,却不回自己陷进去;可以欺骗他,却不可以愚弄他。”
Zai Wo asked,"A humane man-if someone should tell him that there is a man in the well,would he follow him into it?"The Master said,"Why should he do so?"
The gentleman might be made to rush over but could not be made to jump in.He might be deceived but could not be duped
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:20 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-君子博学于文

子曰,“君子博学于文,约之以礼,亦可以弗畔矣夫!”
孔子说,“君子广泛地学习并加强修养,用礼仪来制约自己,也就不会离经叛道了。”
The Master said,"A gentleman who is extensively learned in culture and restrains himself with the rituals is not likely to betray."

现代人读“论语”-子见南子

子见南子,子路不说。夫子矢之曰,“予所否者,天厌之!天厌之!”
孔子去见南子,子路不高兴,孔子发誓说,“如若我有失礼的行为,上天会弃绝我的!上天会弃绝我的!”
When the Master had an audience with Nan-zi,Zi-lu was displeased.The Master,swearing to him,said,"If have done anything imporper,may Heaven forsake me!May Heaven forsake me!"

现代人读“论语”-中庸之为德

子曰,“中庸之为德也,其至矣乎!民鲜久矣。”
孔子说,“中庸作为一种道德准则,是至高无上的,人们已经很久缺乏这种美德了。”
The Master said,"The constant mean as a virtue is sublime indeed!The people have been unable to practice it for a long time!
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:21 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-述而不作

子曰,“述而不作,信而好古,且比于我老彭。”
孔子说,“只阐述而不创作,笃信并爱好文化古典,我私下把自己比坐老彭。”
The Master said,"I transmit and do not creat.I believe in and love antiquity,secretly comparing myself to our Lao Peng."

现代人读“论语”-仁之方

原文:   
    子贡曰,“如有博施于民而能济众,何如?可谓仁乎?”子曰,“何事于仁,必也圣乎!尧、舜其犹病诸!夫仁者,已欲立而立人。已欲达而达人。能近取譬,可谓仁之方也矣。”

译文:
    子贡说,“如果有人能广泛施惠于民并且能普救众生,怎么样啊?能称为仁吗?”孔子说,“岂止是仁人,肯定是圣人了!尧、舜大概还做不到呢!作为仁人,自己要立身,自己要立身从而使他人立身,自己要通达从而使他人通达。能近取己身、远比他身,为他人着想,这可以说是推行仁爱的最好方法了。”

英译:
    Zi-gong sid,"If there is someone who can give extensively to the people and relieve the multitudes,what do you think of him?Can he be called a man of humanity?"
The Master said,"Far more than a man of humanity.He must be a sage!Even Yao and Shun found it difficult.For a man of humanity is one who,wishing to establish himself,helps others to establish themselves and who,wishing to gain perception,helps others to gain perception.He is able to take himself as an example.This may be called the approach to humanity."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:25 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-学而不厌

子曰,“默而识之,学而不厌,诲人不倦,何有于我哉?”
孔子说,“默记而悟想,刻苦学习永不满足,教导他人不厌其倦,我所能做到的也不过这些罢了。”
The Master said,"To understand silently,learn insatiably,and instruct others indefatigably-what difficulty do they present to me?"

现代人读“论语”-三月不知肉味

子曰,“德而不修,学之不讲,闻义不能徙,不善不能改,是吾忧也。”
孔子说,“道德不去修养,学问不去讲求,知道道义不去实践,有缺点不能改正,这些是我所担忧的。”
The Master said,"Virtue uncultivated,learning undiscussed,the inability to move toward righteousness after hearing it,and the inability to correct my imperfections-these are my anxieties."

现代人读“论语”-子之燕居

子之燕居,申申如也,夭夭如也。
孔子闲居时,仪态舒缓,神色和悦。
When the Master was at leisure,he looked tidy and relaxed.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:28 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-甚矣吾衰也

子曰,“甚矣吾衰也!久矣吾不复梦见周公!”
孔子说,“我衰老的多么厉害啊!我很久很久没有再梦见过周公了。”
The Master said,"How utterly I have declined!Long indeed since I last dreamt of seeing Duke of Zhou."

现代人读“论语”-志于道

子曰,“志于道,据于德,依于仁,游于艺。”
孔子说,“立至于道,据守于德,归本于仁,游学于六艺。”
The Master said,"Aspire after the Way;adhere to virtue;rely on humanity;ranble among the arts."

现代人读“论语”-不愤不启

子曰,“不愤不启,不悱不发,举一隅不以三隅反,则不复也。”
孔子说,“不冥思苦想,我不去启迪;不郁积难言,我不去开导;你举一,他不能反三,那我就不要再教他了。”
The Master said,"No vexation,no enlightenment;no illumination.If I have brought up one corner and be does not return with the other three,I will not repeat."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:36 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-食于有丧者之侧

子食于有丧者之侧,未尝饱也。子于是日哭,则不歌。
孔子说在有丧事人家吃饭,从来没有吃饱过。孔子在这天哭吊过了,就不唱歌了。
When the Master dined beside a bereaved person,he never ate his fill.
If the Master had wept on that day,he would not sing

现代人读“论语”-暴虎冯河

子谓颜渊曰,“用之则行,舍之则藏,惟我与尔有是夫!”子路曰,“子行三军,则谁与?”子曰,“暴虎冯河,死而无悔者,吾不与也。必也临事而惧,好谋而成者也。”
孔子对颜回说,“有人举用就出仕,舍弃就隐退,唯有我和你能有这种修养。”子路说,“老师若统帅三军,与谁同往呢?”孔子说,“空手搏虎、徙涉渡河,因此死而无悔的人,我不和他同往,必须是临事谨慎、善用计谋而成功的人。”
The Master said to Yan Hui,"When employed,to put it into practice;when unemployed,to keep it in store-perhaps only you and I are capable of this."
Zi-lu said,"Sir,if you were to command the three armies,whom would you have with you?"
The Master said,"He who wrestles a tiger-I would not have him.It must be someone who,confronting a task,is apprehensive and who is good not only at making stratagems but also implenting them."

现代人读“论语”-从吾所好

子曰,“富而可求也,虽执鞭之士,吾亦为之。如不可求,从吾所好。”
孔子说,“财富若能求得,即使是下贱的差事,我也会去做。如果不能求得,还是依我所好、自行其事。”
The Master said,"If wealth and rank could be sought,be it a whipholder`s office,I would take it.If it cannot be sought,I shall follow my liking."
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-3 15:39 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-子之所慎

子之所慎,齐、战、疾。
孔子所慎重对待的事是:斋戒、战争、疾病。
The things that the Master treated with discretion were:fasting,war,and sickness.

现代人读“论语”-求仁得仁

冉有曰,“夫子为卫军乎?”子贡曰,“诺,吾将问之。”入,曰,“伯夷、叔齐何人也?”曰,“古之贤人也。”曰,“怨乎?”曰,“求仁而得仁,又何怨?”出,曰,“夫子不为也。”
冉有说,“老师会帮助卫君吗?”子贡说,“是啊,我正想去问一下。”子贡进屋问道,“伯夷、叔齐是怎样的人呢?”孔子说,“古时候的贤人。”子贡说,“他们有怨悔吗?”孔子说,“谋求仁而得到了人,有什么怨悔的呢?”子贡退出来,对冉有说,“老师不会帮助卫君。”
Ran You said,"Does the Master support the prince of Wei?"
Zi-gong said,"All right.I shall ask him."
On entering,he said,"What kind of men were Bo-yi and Shuqi?"
The Master said,"Worthy men of antiquity."
Zi-gong said,"They sought humanity and attained humanity.What regrets did they have?"
On coming out,Zi-gong said,"The Master does not support him."

现代人读"论语"-乐在其中

子曰,“饭疏食饮水,曲肱而枕之,乐亦在其中矣。不义而富且贵,与我如浮云。”
孔子说,“吃粗食、饮凉水,弯着胳膊当枕头,其中自有一番乐趣。以不义得来的富贵,对于我就如同浮云一般。”
The Master said,"Eating coares food,drinking plain water,and bending one arm for a pillow-happinesss also lies therein.Wealth and rank acquired through unrighteous means are to me like drifting clouds."
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-9 00:15 , Processed in 0.046497 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On.