QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

楼主: ljandcyz2008

国学书库----- 现代人读《四书五经》---“论语”

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:22 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-九思

孔子曰,“君子有九思,视思明,听思聪,色思温,貌思恭,言思忠,事思敬,矣思问,粉丝难,见得思义。”
孔子说,“君子有九件用心思虑的事,看要想到看明白没有、听要想到听清楚没有、神态要想到是否温和、容貌要想到是否恭敬、言谈要想到是否诚实、处事要想到是否谨慎、疑难要想到是否要求教、愤怒要想到是否有后患、见到有所得到要想到是否理所该得。”
The Master said,"The gentleman has nine things to think about:In seeing,he thinks about claeity;in hearing,he thinks about distinctness;in facial expression,he thinks about gentleness;in appearance,he thinks about respectfulness;in speech,he thinks about wholehearted sincerity;in his duties,he thinks about reverence;in doubt,he thinks aboutinquiry;in anger,he thinks about its aftermath;on seeing gain,he thinks about righteousness."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-未见其人也

孔子曰,“见善如不及,见不善如探汤,吾见其人矣,吾闻其语矣。隐居以求其志,行义以达其道。吾闻其语矣,未见其人也。”
孔子说,“见到好人和好事,唯恐赶不上似的,遇到不好的人和不好的事象怕烫手似的赶紧躲开,我见过这样的人,也听到过这样的话;闭世隐居来成就自己的志向,做正义的事来贯彻自己的主张,我听过这样的话,却没有见过这样的人。”
The Master said,"'On seeing a good man, I feel as if unable to catch up with somenoe.On seeing an evil man,I feel as if dipping my finger into boiling water'.I have seen such men and hearted such a saying.'I live in sclusion to seek my aspiration;I perform my duty to implement the Way'.I have heard such a saying but have never seen such a man."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-亦祈以异

〔孔子曰,诚不以富,亦祈以异〕齐景公有马千驷,死之日,民无德而称焉。伯夷、叔齐饿于首阳下,民到于今称之。其斯之谓与?
〔孔子说,确实不是因为他富有,只是因为见异思迁罢了〕
齐景公有四千匹马,去世的时候,民众觉得他没有什么德行值得称颂;伯夷、叔齐饿死在首阳山下,民众到现在仍然称颂他们。“不是因为他们富有,而是他们品德超群。”那就是这个意思吧!
[The Master said,'If not for wealth,It can only be for novelty.']Duke Jing of Qi possessed a thousand teams of four horses each.On the day of his death,people found no virtue to praise him with.Bo-yi and Shu-qi starved at the foot of Mount Shooou-yang.People to this day still praise them.This is perhaps what it means.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:25 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-邦君之妻

邦君之妻,君称之曰夫人,夫人自称曰小童;邦人称之曰君夫人,称诸异邦曰寡小君;异邦人称之亦曰君夫人。
国君的妻子,国君称她为夫人,夫人自称为小童;本国的人称她为君夫人,对别国的人则称她为寡小君;别国的人也称她为君夫人。
The wife of the sovereign of a state-the sovereign addresses her as "my lady" and her ladyship calls herself "your little lass";the people of the state address her as "your sovereign ladyship";to foreign states,she is referred to as "our deficient junior sovereign";people of foreign states also address her as "your sovereign ladyship."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-性相近

子曰,“性相近也,习相远也。”
孔子说,“人的禀性本来是很相近的,由于环境习俗的熏陶,便相异远离了。”
The Master said,"By nature,people are close to one another;through practice,they drift far apart."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-不移

子曰,“唯上知与下愚不移。”
孔子说,“只有上等的智慧的人和下等的愚顽的人,才是难以改变的。”
The Master said,"Only the hhightest of the wise and the lowest of the stupid do not change."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:27 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-子之武城

子之武城,闻弦歌之声。夫子莞尔而笑,曰,“割鸡焉用牛刀?”
子游对曰,“昔者偃也闻诸夫子月,‘君自学道则爱人,小人学道则易使也。’”
子曰,“二三子!偃之言是也。前言戏之耳。”
孔子到武城去,听到弹琴唱歌的声音,便微笑着说,“杀鸡哪里用得着宰牛刀呢?”子游回答道,“以前我听老师说过,‘君自学了礼乐就会爱人,小人学了礼乐就容易听使唤。’”孔子说,“学生们,言偃的话是对的。我刚才讲的话不过是开玩笑罢了。”
When the Master went to Wu City,he heard the sounds of stringed instruments and clanting.The Master,with a gentle smile,said,"In killing a chicken,why need you use an ox-knife?"
Zi-you replied,"Formerly I heard Master say,'If the gentleman acquires the Way,he loves men;if the small man acquires the Way,he is easily ruled.'"
The Master said,"My disciples,what Yan said is correct.My previous remark was but a joke."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-公山

公山弗扰以费畔,召,子欲往。子路不说,曰,“未之也,已,何必公山氏之之也?”子曰,“夫召我者,而岂徒哉?如有用我者,吾其为东周乎!”
公山弗扰盘踞着费邑图谋叛乱。叫孔子去,孔子准备前往。子路不高兴地说,“没地方去也就算了,何必非要到公山氏那里去呢?”孔子说,“那个让我去的人,难道会让我白去吗?如果有人用我,我将让周文王、周武王的德政在东方复兴起来啊!”
Gong-shan Fu-rao,using Bi as his base,staged a revolt.When he summoned,the Master was inclined to go.
Zi-lu,displeased,said,"If we have nowhere to go,let us stop trying Why must we go to Gong-shan Shi1s place?"
The Master said,"He who summoned me-could he have done so for no purpose?If anyone employ me again,I would create an eastern Zhou!"

现代人读“论语”-子张问仁

子张问仁于空子。孔子月,“能醒五者于天下为仁矣。”
请问之。曰,“恭、宽、信、敏、惠。工则不悔,宽则得众,信责人任焉,敏则有功,惠则足以使人。”
子张向孔子问仁之道。孔子说,“能够在天下实行五种美德的,就可以叫做仁了。”子张说,“请问哪五种?”孔子说,“庄重、宽厚、诚实、勤敏、慈惠。庄重就能免受侮辱,宽厚就能赢得大众的拥护,诚实就能受到别人倚仗,勤敏就能使事情容易成功,慈惠就能很好地使唤别人。”
When Zi-zhang asked the Master about humanity,the Master said,"To be able to practice five things under Heaven consitutes humanity."
When further questioned about them,he said,"Respectfulness,lenience,truthfulness,industry,and beneficence.Be respectful and you shall not be humiliated;be lenient and you shall win the multitude;be truthful and the people shall trusted you;be industrious and you shall score successes;be beneficent and you shall be fit to employ the people."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:29 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-《诗》

子曰,“小子何莫夫《诗》?《诗》,可以兴,可以观,可以群,可以怨。迩之事父,远之事君,多识于鸟兽草木之名。”
孔子说,“学生们!你们为什么不研习《诗经》呢?《诗经》可以激发情思,可用来观察社会,可以陶冶群体观念,可以抒发心中的不平。近的而言,学得侍奉父母的道理;远的而言,学会笑中国君的道理。而且还可以多认识一些鸟兽草木的名称。”
The Master said,"Yong men,why do you not learn Poerty?Poerty can be of help you in using metaphors,observing things,becoming gregarious,employing satire,sering your farther nearby,serving your sovereign afar,and making you better acquainted with the names of birds,beasts,grasses,and trees."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-犹正墙面而立

子谓伯鱼曰,“女为《周南》、《召南》矣乎?人而不为《周南》、《召南》,其犹正墙面而立也与?”
孔子对伯鱼说,“你读过《周南》、《召南》两篇诗吗?一个人如果不学习《周南》、《召南》,就好比面对着墙壁站立——寸步难行啊!”
The Master said to Bo-yu,"Have you learnt South of Zhou and South of Shao?If a man does not learn South of Zhou and South of Shao,he is like one standing with his face against the wall."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-礼云

子曰,“礼云礼云,玉帛云乎哉?乐云乐云,钟鼓云乎哉?”
孔子说,“礼呀!礼呀!难道仅仅是玉帛等礼器一类的实物吗?乐呀!乐呀!难道仅仅钟鼓等乐器一类的实物吗?”
The Master said,"'The rituals,the rituals,'they say.Do they merely refer to jade and silk?'Music,Music,'they say.Do they merely refer to bells and drums?"
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:31 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-色厉而内荏

子曰,“色厉而内荏,譬如小人,其犹穿窬之道也与?”
孔子说,“外表刚强而内心懦弱,若是拿小人作比方,那就象挖洞翻墙的盗贼一样吧!”
The Master said,"He who is awesome of mien but faint of heart,to cite an example from small men,is perhaps like a hole-boring and wall-climbing burglar?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-乡愿

子曰,“乡愿,德之贼也。”
孔子说,“是非不分、八面玲珑的好好先生,是败坏道德的小人。”
The Master said,"Those who try please everybody in your prefecture undermine virtue."

现代人读“论语”-道听途说

子曰,“道听而途说,德之弃也。”
孔子说,“在道路上听到的传言就四处散布的,这是背弃道德的行为,应该革除。”
The Master said,"Those who try please everybody in your prefecture undermine virtue."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:33 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-鄙夫

子曰,“鄙夫可与事君也与哉?其未得之,患不得之;既得之,患失之。苟患失之,无所不至矣。”

孔子说,“浅陋之途,岂能和他一起做官共事呢?当他没有得到这个位子的时候,救生怕得不到;已经得到了官职,又生怕失掉。如果害怕丢失官职,那就什么事情都能做得出来了。”

The Master said,"Can a vulgar fellow serve the sovereign?When he has not obtained it,he worries about obtaining it.Having obtained it,he worries about losing it.When he worries about losing it,he will stop at nothing."

现代人读“论语”-古者民有三疾

子曰,“古者民有三疾,今也或是之亡也。古之狂也肆,今之狂也荡;古至矜也廉,今之矜也忿戾;古之愚也直,今之愚也诈而已矣。”
孔子说,“古代的老百姓有三种毛病,现在或许连这些毛病也没有了。古代狂放的人肆意敢言,现在狂放的人则放荡不羁;古代矜持的人威严逼人,现在矜持的人责乖戾悖理;古代愚笨的人还很简单憨直,现在愚笨的人则只是奸诈虚伪罢了。”
The Master said,"In antiquity,people had three infirmities.Today,even these are perhaps nowhere to be found.In antiquity,the highminded were unreserved;today,the high-minded are unprincipled.In antiquity,the self-esteeming were clean and honest;today,the self-esteeming are irritable and perverse.In antiquity,the foolish were straightforward;today,the foolish are utterly deceitful."

现代人读“论语”-巧言色令

子曰,“巧言色令,鲜矣仁!”
孔子说,“花言巧语,伪颜假色,这类人就缺少仁爱心了。”
The Master said,"Sweet words and a pleaseing countenance have indeed little humanity in them!"
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:35 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-恶

子曰,“恶紫之夺朱也,恶郑声之乱雅也,恶利口之富邦家者。”
孔子说,“我讨厌混杂的紫色压住正红的颜色,我厌恶淫荡的郑国乐曲扰乱正统典雅的音乐,我厌恶那些以能言善辩而倾覆国家的人。”
The Master said,"I have purple usurping the place of red;I hate the songs of Zheng confounding classical music;I hate the glibtongued toppling ssstates and noble houses."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-予欲无言

子曰,“予欲无言。”子贡曰,“予如不言,则小人何述焉?”子曰,“天何言哉?四时行焉,百物生焉,天何言哉?”
孔子说,“我不想再说什么了。”子贡说,“您如果不说,那么我们还传述什么呢?”孔子说,“上天说了什么呢?四季照样运行,百物照样生长。上天说了什么呢?”
The Master said,"I want to speak no more."
Zi-gong said,"Sir,if you do not speak,what shall we,your pupils,abide by?"
The Master said,"What does Heaven say?Yet the four seasons revolve and a hundred things grow.What does Heaven say?"

现代人读“论语”-孺悲欲见孔子

孺悲欲见孔子,孔子辞以疾。将命者出户,取瑟而歌,使之闻之。
孺悲想求见孔子,孔子推托有病而不见。传话的人出门以后,孔子取出瑟来边弹边唱,故意使孺悲听到。
Ru Bei wished to see the Master,but the Master declined on the excuse.As soon as the go-between went out of the door,he took his zither and song to it so that the former might hear him.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:37 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-君子尚勇乎

子路曰,“君子尚勇乎?”子曰,“君子义以为上。君子有勇而无义为乱,小人有勇而无义为盗。”
子路说,“君子崇尚勇敢吗?”孔子说,“君子把道义放在第一位。君子讲勇敢而不讲道义,就会造反作乱;小人讲勇敢而不讲道义,就会成为土匪强盗。”
The Master said,"Does the gentleman uphold courage?"
The Master said,"The gentleman regards righteousness as supreme.A gentleman who possesses courage but wants righteousness will become a rebel;a small man who possesses courage but wants righteousness will become a bandit."

现代人读“论语”-君子亦有恶乎

子贡曰,“君子亦有恶乎?”子曰,“有恶,恶称人之恶者,恶居下而讪上者,恶勇而无礼者,恶果敢而窒者。”曰,“赐也亦有恶乎?”“恶徼以为知者,恶不孙以为勇者,恶讦以为直者。”
子贡说,“君子也有憎恶的事吗?”孔子说,“有憎恶的事。憎恶专说别人坏处的人,憎恶身居下位而诽谤在上位的人,憎恶勇敢却不懂礼仪的人,憎恶果断却顽固不化的人。”又说,端木赐,你也有憎恶的事吗?”子贡说,“我憎恶窃取别人的成果却自为聪明的人,憎恶毫不谦虚却认为是勇敢的人,憎恶揭发别人的隐私却自认为直率的人。”
Zi-gong said,"Does the gentleman also have people he hates?"
Then Master said,"Yes,I do.I hate those who babble about other people`s vices;I hate those who,being in the lower position,slander their superiors;I hate those who are courageous but have no regard for the rituals;I hate those who are resolute and daring but obstinate."
Then he said,"Ci,are there also people you have?"
"I hate those who plagiarize and consider themselves wise;I hate those who are impertinent and consider themselves courageous;I hate those who divulge other people`s unseemly secrets and consider themselves strightforward."

现代人读“论语”-四十而见恶

子曰,“年四十而见恶焉,其终也已。”
孔子说,“到了四十岁还被人讨厌,这辈子就没有希望了。”
The Master said,"If,at forty,a man is still hated,he is done for."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:39 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-微子去之

微子去之,箕子为之奴,比干谏而死。孔子曰,“殷有三仁焉。”
殷纣王昏庸残暴,他的胞兄微子便离开那个国家,箕子装疯而被贬为奴隶,比干因极力谏阻而被剖心处死。孔子说,“殷商有三位志士仁人啊!”
The viscount of Wei left him;the viscount of Ji became his slave;Bi Gan remonstrated and was killed.
The Master said,"The Yin had three men of humanity."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-柳下惠为士师

柳下惠为士师,三黜。人曰,“予未可以去乎?”曰,“直道而事人,焉往而不三黜?枉道而事人,何必去父母之邦?”
柳下惠做法官,三次被免职。有人劝他说,“您不能离开这里吗?”柳下惠说,“公正无私地办事并忠诚侍奉君主,到哪里能不被一而再,再而三地免职呢?用歪门邪道去侍奉君主,又何必要离开自己的祖国呢?”
When Liu-xia Hui served as criminal judge,he was thrice dismissed.Someone said,"Sir,can you not leave?"
He said,"If I pursue the straight way in serving man,where can I go without being thrice dismissed?If I pursue the crooked way in serving man,why must I leave my farther and mother`s state?"

现代人读“论语”-待孔子

齐景公待孔子曰,“若季氏,则无不能;以季、孟之间待之。”曰,“吾老矣,不能用也。”孔子行。
齐景公谈到怎样对待孔子时说,“要是象鲁君对待季氏那样,那么我还做不到。我只是个介于季氏和孟氏两者间的礼节对待他。”不久又说,“我老了,可能对你不会有什么用处了。”孔子听了这话,就离开了齐国。
Duke Jing of Qi,on how to treat the Master,said,"To treat him like Ji Shi-that we cannot do.We shall treat him like someone between Ji and Meng."
The Master said,"ww are too old to empty him now."Whereupon,The Master departed.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:42 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-齐人归女乐

齐人归女乐,季桓子受之,三日不朝,孔子行。
齐国送给鲁国不少歌姬舞女,季桓子接受了,沉醉于女色,一连三天不问政事,孔子离职而去。
When the man of Qi presented a group of singing girls,Ji Huan-zi accepted them.For three days,there was no court.The Master departed.

现代人读“论语”-凤兮

楚狂接舆歌而过孔子曰,“凤兮凤兮,何德之衰?往者不可谏,来者犹可追。已而,已而!今之从政者殆而!”孔子下,欲与之言。趋而避之,不得与之言。
楚国有个叫接舆的人从孔子车前走过,反复唱这一首歌:“凤凰啊,凤凰!世上的德行怎么这样衰微?过去的已经不能晚会,未来的还能补救。算了吧!算了吧!现在那些当政的人岌岌可危!”孔子从车上下来,想和他说话。他快走几步躲开了,孔子没能和他交谈。
Chu`s Madan Jie-yu passed by the Master,singing,
"O phoenix!O phoenix!"
How thy virtue hath declined!
What bath gone by is beyond remonstration;
What is to come may yet be overtaken.
Stay!Stay!
Perilous are those engaged in government tosay.
The Master descended,hoping to speak with him,but he hastened off to evade him.So the Master didi not get to speak with him.

现代人读“论语”-大师挚适齐

大师挚适齐,亚饭干适楚,三饭缭适秦,鼓方叔入于河,播鼓武入御寒,少师阳、击磬襄入于海。
鲁国的大师挚到齐国去了,亚饭干到楚国去了,三饭缭到蔡国去了,四饭缺到秦国去了,击鼓手方叔避居到黄河岸边,小鼓手武到汉中去了,少阳和击磬的襄逃到海滨去了。
Senior Music Master Zhi left for Qi;Second Repst Gan left for Chu;Third Repast Liao left for Cai;Fourth repast Que left for Qin;Drummer Fang-shu went into the Rver area;Hand-drummer Wu went into the River Han ares;Junior Music Master Yang and Chimestone player Xiang went to sea.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:47 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-君子不施其亲

周公谓鲁公曰,“君子不施其亲,不使大臣怨乎不以。故旧无大故,则不弃也。无求备于一人。”
周公旦对他的儿子鲁公伯禽说,“君子不怠慢他的亲族,不让大臣抱怨自己未被重用,老臣旧友若无大的缘故就不要抛弃他们。对一个人不要求全责备。”
The Duke of Zhou said to the Duke of Liu,"The gentleman does not neglect his kin or give his great ministers cause to complain that their advices are not adopted.His old acquaintance,except for major offences,he does not abandon.He does not demand perfection in one man."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-周有八士

周有八士:伯达、伯适、伯突、伯忽、叔夜、叔夏、季随、季蜗。
周代有八个贤士:伯达、伯适、伯突、伯忽、叔夜、叔夏、季随、季蜗。
The Zhou had eight wise men:Bo-da,Bo-kuo,Bo-tu,Zhong-hu,Shu-ye,Shu-xia,Ji-sui,and Ji-qua

现代人读“论语”-见得思义

子张曰,“士见危致命,见得思义,祭思敬,丧思哀,其可已矣。”
子张说,“知书达礼的人预见危难要敢于豁出性命,在看见利益的时候要思及道义,祭祀时要想着是否恭敬,居丧时要想着是否悲伤,这样也就可以了。”
Zi-zhang said,"A man who,on seeing danger,is ready to give his life;on seeing gain,things of rightousness;in offering sacrifices,thinks of reverence;in mourning,thinks of grief,is commendable indeed!"
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:49 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-执德不弘

子张曰,“执德不弘,信道不笃,焉能有为?焉能为亡?”
子张说,“一个人实行仁德不弘大,信仰道义不笃实,这样的人有他不算多,没有他不算少。”
Zi-zhang said,"He who neither adheres to virtue tenaciously nor believes in the Way firmly-how can we say there is no such man?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-虽小道

子夏曰,“虽小道,必有可观者焉,致远恐泥,是以君子不为也。”
子夏说,“即使是雕虫小技必定会有值得一顾的地方,但恐怕对致力于远大的事也会有妨碍,所以君子不去干。”
Zi-xia said,"Even minor ways must have something worth seeing.However,journeying afar,one might get bogged down.Hence,the  gentleman does not pursue them."

现代人读“论语”-日知其所亡

子夏曰,“日知其所亡,月无忘其所能,可谓好学也已矣。”
子夏说,“每天知晓一些自己所不懂的东西,每月都不要忘记自己所掌握的知识,可以说是爱好学习了。”
Zi-xia said,"He who each day acquires something he lacks and each moon does not forget what he is proficient in may be said to love learninf indeed."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:53 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-博学而笃志

子夏曰,“博学而笃志,切问而近思,仁在其中矣。”
子夏说,“广泛地学习,志向坚定,始终不渝;遇到疑问要及时恳切地向人求教,多思考一些现实的问题,仁德就在其中了。”
Zi-xia said,"To learen extensively and memorize tenaciously;to inquire specifically and think closely-humanity lies therein."

现代人读“论语”-学以致其道

子夏曰,“百工居肆以成其事,君子学以致其道。”

子夏说,“各种工匠只有在作坊里才能完成各自的工作,君子则通过学习来获得道理和知识,以达至自己的仁道。”

Zi-xia said,"The hundred artisans live in the shop to perfect their craftsmanship;the gentleman engages in learning to exhaust the Way."

现代人读“论语”-小人之过

子夏曰,“小人之过也必文。”
子夏说,“小人对于过错,一定要设法加以掩饰。”
Zi-xia said,"When the small man makes a mistake,he always glosses over it."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 14:59 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-君子有三变

子夏曰,“君子有三变:望之俨然,即之也温,听其言也厉。”
子夏说,“君子给人的感觉有三种变化:远望他,庄严可谓;接近他,温和可亲;听他说话,严厉不苟。”
Zi-xia said,"The gentleman has three changes:when gazed at,he looks awesome;when approached,he is gentle;when listened to,he soundas austere."

现代人读“论语”-信

子夏曰,“君子信而后劳其民;未信,则以为利己也。信而后谏;未信,则以为谤己也。”
子夏说,“君子要先取得老百姓的信任,然后再使唤他们;未取得信任,老百姓则认为有意虐待他们。君子先取得君主信任以后再去进谏,不然他会认为你是对他毁谤、攻击。”
Zi-xia said,"The gentleman must be strusted before making the people toil.If he is not strusted,they will consider themselves tyrannized.He must be trusted before remonstrating.If he is not trusted,the sovereign will consider himself slandered."

现代人读“论语”-大德

子夏曰,“大德不逾闲,小德出入可也。”
子夏说,“人的德性,在大节上不能超越规矩界限,在小节上略有出入则是可以的。”
Zi-xia said,"In major virtues,one may not overstep the threshold;in minor virtus,some leeway is permissible."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 15:03 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-仕而优则学

子夏曰,“仕而优则学,学而优则仕。”
子夏说,“做了官,有了优裕的时间和精力就去学习;完成了学业,有了充沛的时间和精力就去做官。”
Zi-xia said,"Those who excel in position should learn;those who excel in learning should take position."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

现代人读“论语”-丧致乎哀

子游曰,“丧致乎哀而止。”
子游说,“再服丧时,能够充分表达出心中的悲哀也就够了。”
Zi-you said,"In morning,one should stop after exhausting one`s grief."

现代人读“论语”-然而未仁

子游曰,“吾友张也为难能也,然而未仁。”
子游说,“我的朋友子张是难能可贵的,但是还没有达到仁的境界。”
Zi-you said,"My friend Zhang is difficult to emulate.However,he has not attained humanity yet."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 15:05 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-堂堂乎张也

曾子曰,“堂堂乎张也,难与并为仁矣。”
曾子说,“子张真实仪表堂堂、自高自大!但很难跟他一道去推行仁爱精神。”
Master Zeng said,"How impressive Zhang looks!However,it is difficult to pursue humanity with him."

现代人读“论语”-必也亲丧乎

曾子曰,“吾闻诸夫子,人未有自致者也,必也亲丧乎!”
曾子说,“我听老师说过,一个人平时是不轻易表露自己的真实感情的,如果有,那一定是在他亲人去世的时候吧!”
Master Zeng said,"I heard it from the Master,'There is hardly anything that can make a man spontaneously exhaust his grief.If an exception must be made,it is perhaps a parent`s death.'"

现代人读“论语”-孟庄子之孝

曾子曰,“吾闻诸夫子,孟庄子之孝也,其他也可能也;其不改夫之臣与父之政,是难能也。”
曾子说,“我从老师那里听说,孟庄子的孝道,其他的人家都是能够做到的。而他不撤换他父亲的古旧老臣,不改变他父亲的政治主张,则是别人难以做到的。”
Master Zeng said,"I heard it from the Master,'Of Meng Zhuang-zi`s filial piety,other aspects are'"possible to emulate,but the way he never replaced his farther`s officers and his farther`s decrees is difficult to emulate.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 15:07 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-孟氏使阳肤为士师

孟氏使阳肤为士师,问于曾子。曾子曰,“上失其道,民散久矣。如得其情,则哀矜而勿喜!”
孟孙氏任命阳肤做法官,阳肤向曾子求教。曾子说,“在上位的人治国无道,民心早就涣散了。如果了解到犯罪的真情,就应当哀怜他们,同情他们,而不要自鸣得意。”
When Meng-sun Shi appointed Yang Fu criminal judge,the latter consulted Master Zeng.
Master Zeng said,"Since the sovereign llost the Way,the people have long gone astray.If you get at the truth of a case,have compassion,and so not take delight in it."

现代人读“论语”-纣之不善

子贡曰,“纣之不善,不如是之甚也。是以君子恶居下流,天下之恶皆归焉。”
子贡说,“殷纣王的恶行并不象所说的那么厉害。所以君子最厌恶处在污秽的地方,一旦沾上恶名,便把天下的坏事情都归加到他身上了。”
Zi-gong said,"The gentleman`s errors are like the eclipses of the sun and the moon.When he makes one,everyone sees it;when he corrects it,everyone looks up to him."

现代人读“论语”-君子之过

子贡曰,“君子之过也,如日月之食焉,过也,人皆见之;更也,人皆仰之。”

子贡说,“君子的过错就象日蚀和月蚀一样,人有了过错,人人都能看到;改正了错误,人人都能仰望他。”

Zi-gong said,"The gentleman`s errors are like the eclipses of the sun and the moon.When he makes one,every sees it;when he corrects it,everyone looks up to him."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 15:09 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-仲尼焉学

卫公孙朝问于子贡曰,“现代人读?”子贡曰,“文武之道,未坠于地,在人。贤者识其大者,不贤者识其小者。莫不有文武之道焉。夫子焉不学?而亦何常师之有?”
卫国的大夫公孙朝向子贡问道,“孔仲尼的学问是从哪里学来的?”子贡说,“周文王、武王的道并没有失传,流传在民间。贤能的人能够记住那些根本重大的内容,一般人只能记住些细枝末节。周文王、武王的道无所不在,我的老师在哪里不能学呢?而且哪能一定要有固定的老师呢?”
Wei`s Gong-sun Chao asked of Zi-gong,"From whom didi Zhong-ni learn?"
Zi-gong said,"The Way of Wen and Wu had not crumbled to the ground.It was still there among men.The worthy remembered its minor tenets.None did not possess a portion of the Way of Wen and Wu.From whom did the Master not learn?And yet what regular teachers did he have?"

现代人读“论语”-无以为也

叔孙武叔毁仲尼。子贡曰,“无以为也!仲尼不可毁也。他人之贤者,丘陵也,犹可逾也;仲尼,日月也,无得而逾焉。人虽欲自绝,其何伤于日月乎?多见其不知量也。”
叔孙武叔诋毁仲尼。子贡说,“不要这样做!仲尼是诋毁不了的。其他的贤人好比是丘陵,还是可以超越的。仲尼好比是日月,是无法超越的。有人即使想自绝于日月,那对日月又会有什么损害呢?足见他太不自量力罢了。”
When Shu-su Wu-shu alandered Zhong-ni,Zi-gong said,"It os useless to do so.Zhong-ni is above slander.Other men of worth are mounds and hillocks,which may be surmounted.Zhong-ni is the sun and the moon,which may can never be surmounted.Although men may wish to sever themselves,what harm  will it do to the sun and the moon?It only shows what they do not know their capacity."

现代人读“论语”-谨权量

谨权量,审法度,修废官,四方之政行焉。兴灭国,继绝世,举逸民,天下之民归心焉。
所重:民、食、丧、祭。
严格检验度量衡,审订礼乐制度,恢复被废弃的官制,天下的政令就会通行无阻了。复行被灭亡的国邦,承继被断绝的世家后代,举拔被遗弃、埋没的贤才,天下的百姓就会心悦诚服乐。所重视的是:人民、粮食、丧事、祭祀。
"Be strict with weigh and capacity measures,be meticulous with musical tempearment and linear measures,rehabilitate neglected offices,and government decrees shall prevail in the various states.""Revive defunct states,restore extinct noble houses,promote lofty recluses,and all under Heaven shall turn their hearts to you."
"Special importance should be attached to:the people,food,mourning,and sacrifice."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 15:16 | 显示全部楼层
现代人读“论语”-宽则得众

宽则得众,信则人任焉,敏则有功,公则民说。
宽厚大度会得到群众的拥护,诚实守信能得到百姓的信任,勤敏明达办事才能成功,公平正直会让民众心悦诚服。
"Be lenient and you shall win the multitude;be truthful and the people shall trust you;be industrious and you shall score successes;be impartial and the people shall be pleased."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ 本帖最后由 ljandcyz2008 于 2008-7-7 15:20 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-7 15:18 | 显示全部楼层
  现代人读“论语”-不知命

孔子曰,“不知命,无以为君子也;不知礼,无以立也;不知言,无以知人也。”
孔子说,“不懂得天命,就不可能做君子;不懂得礼仪,就不能立身处世;不懂得辨析别人的言论,就不能真正懂得人的善恶。”
The Master said,"If one does not know the decree of Heaven,one has no way of becoming a gentleman;if one does not know the rituals,one has no way of establishing oneself;if one does not know speech,one has no way of knowing men."

[ 本帖最后由 ljandcyz2008 于 2008-7-7 15:20 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 16:07 , Processed in 0.041191 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On.